The Plot Commanded this to Happen, Garroth!

"Aphmau, are you really sure?" Zianna asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes. I'm... sure." Aphmau said. Once again she was facing the door to Garte's study. She was indeed going to marry Zane, but she needed to do something first.

With a sigh, Aphmau opened the door and made her way over to the desk. "Lord Garte?" She asked.

"Yes?" Garte responded.

"I've made my decision. I will marry Zane and birth his child, but I would like to ask of you one small favor." Aphmau said, relieved at not stuttering.

"And what would that be?" Garte asked.

"Before the wedding, I would like to go to Phoenix Drop for three weeks." Aphmau said.

"Of course, of course." Garte said, waving Aphmau away.

Aphmau backed out of Garte's study, closed the door behind her, and sighed, sliding down to the floor.

"So... how'd it go?" Zianna asked tactfully.

"I can go." Aphmau said.

"Yippee! Let's get you ready!" Zianna said, bouncing all around.

+=+=+=+=+

The sound of beating hooves followed Aphmau all the way to Phoenix Drop. When she got their, she was surprised to see a large wall encircling the village.

Aphmau rode up to the gate, and saw Brian standing guard. "Brian!" she called, "it's me, Aphmau! Open the gate!"

"So it is! Aphmau! Welcome back!" Brian shouted back before opening the gate.

+=+=+=+=+

"Aphmau! I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Levin and Malachi are fine, but they'll be even better when they see you!"

"Aphmau! Thank Irene you're okay!"

"Oh my Irene! Aphmau!"

Aphmau had to push through the crowd to get to her house. The first thing she did when she got inside was collapse on floor.

"Aphmau! Are you okay?!" Zoey asked.

"Yeah. I just... I could really use a nap..." Aphmau said before nodding off.

+=+=+=+=+

"Mommy!"

Aphmau's eyes opened to see Levin and Malachi staring at her. They both rushed over to her and hugged her. Aphmau hugged back.

"I'm glad to say they've been getting along great. They missed you the most!" Zoey said.

Aphmau, Levin and Malachi went outside to play on the playground for a little while.

+=+=+=+=+

Garroth was watching the sea when Dante burst in, out of breath but clearly excited. "Aphmau... is... back!"

Garroth's head snapped around so fast, it's a wonder it didn't come off. "WHAT?!" He yelled.

"C'mon!" Dante said, leading Garroth over to Aphmau's house.

It was quite the site. Aphmau, in a very pretty blue dress, with a long, red ribbon in her hair, was playing with Levin and Malachi on the little playground outside. "A-Aphmau..." Garroth said, awestruck.

Aphmau looked over and saw Garroth, beaming, before suddenly looking away, as though something was wrong.

Laurance ran up beside Garroth, saying, "I heard Aphmau was... back... whoa."

Aphmau continued to play with her sons, as if she had never disappeared in the first place.

"Aphmau... I... I don't know what to say... I... Aphmau..." Garroth stuttered.

Aphmau's shoulders heaved a little, like she was laughing. Garroth really is the "Stutter King" she thought.

"Did you really think I was gone for good?" Aphmau asked, Putting her hands on her hips in a playfully sassy manner. "I mean, give me some credit! You're not getting rid of me that easy!"

It wasn't the best of jokes, but it did help to lighten the mood. "Guess we'll just have to try harder next time!" Laurance joked. Aphmau laughed.

Garroth stifled a small laugh. Dante had already left to go do his rounds, and do some basic crowd control.

Laurance took a step forwards. "Aphmau..." he said, almost sternly, ruining the light mood, "What happened? Where were you?"

"I..." Aphmau shifted uncomfortably.

"Why don't we talk about it inside?" Garroth suggested.

"Yeah. Inside." Aphmau agreed, walking over to the door. Levin and Malachi went inside first, then straight up to their room to play with Zoey. Aphmau went inside and sat down at the table.

"So... ? Where were you?" Laurance asked.

Aphmau shifted in her seat, a little uneasily. "I was... in... O'Khasis..." She said.

"WHAT?!" Garroth roared before calming down. Aphmau looked at him, and her eyes betrayed a sympathy, yet also a tinge of regret and indecision before she looked away.

"I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I have to go back to O'Khasis in three weeks. I have some... unfinished business... to attend to." Aphmau suddenly said, biting her lip.

That's when Garroth noticed the necklace Aphmau was wearing. A simple thing, just a violet jewel on a golden chain-but Garroth felt as though Aphmau's change in attitude was the result of that necklace.

Zane,

What did you do to her?

Because if you hurt her...

So help me I'll... I'll...

I'll do something!
«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»
Silly Garroth, this is fanfiction. If the plot demands it, then it will be done.

Hope y'all enjoyed!