Drama, Drama Everywhere, 2.0

Aphmau went through her inventory one last time.

Sword? Check.

Tools? Check.

Golden Lassos (with Levin and Malachi)? Check and Check.

Armor? Check.

Torches? Check.

Extra Currency? Checkity-check-check.

Levin's music box? Check.

Aphmau sighed and went through the checklist again as she boarded her trusty steed.

The plan was simple. Aphmau would slip away, unseen, under the cover of dusk. She would ride off to O'Khasis, feed Zane's good side, get married, and then return to Phoenix Drop with her new husband.

It was so simple. Yet somehow, Garroth stood in her way. In this case, literally. He stood in her path, staring at her as though she was about to commit a crime.

"Aphmau... whatever Zane's done to you... whatever spell he has on you... fight it." He said.

Aphmau stared at him. "Just because I have unfinished business in O'Khasis doesn't mean I'm under a spell. For all you know, I could be working out a peace treaty!" It came out sounding harsher than Aphmau intended, but she didn't really care.

"Aphmau... please... don't do this to me... I want... I NEED to protect you... and you're making it harder for me. I just want you to be safe, and-"

"Well maybe I don't need your protection!" Aphmau yelled with tears in her eyes.

Garroth seemed to tremble a little, as if taken aback by Aphmau's outburst.

"Aphmau... please..." He pleaded in a last-ditch effort. "If you really can't stay, then let me come with you. Let me protect you. Even if you don't need it, I still have to protect you."

Aphmau appeared as though she was about to say something, but then she paused, and looked away, as though she was contemplating Garroth's offer.

"Garroth... as much as I would like to... No. I need you to stay here. To protect Phoenix Drop. To help out. And to tell them that I had unfinished business to attend to. To tell everyone... not to... worry." Aphmau's eyes started to tear up a little.

Garroth nodded. He stepped to the side, allowing Aphmau to pass. But she stopped just a few feet past him.

Without turning, she said, "If it helps, Garroth, then I'll tell you the first half of a riddle."

"How would that help?"

"Because then you know I'm coming back. I'll have to finish the riddle." Aphmau explained.

"Okay. What's this riddle?"

"What's the difference between a tuna, a piano, and a bottle of glue?"

"What is the difference?" Garroth asked.

"I'll tell you when I get back." Aphmau said, starting to ride off.

But before she was out of earshot, she said one word.

"Bye."

Garroth watched as Aphmau's horse began to gallop to the horizon, disappearing into the darkness of the woods.
+=+=+=+=+
When Aphmau got back to O'Khasis, she wasn't super surprised to see Zianna and Zane waiting for her.

"Aphmau! I'm so glad you made it back!" Zianna cawed (totally not a reference (6'<>'6)).

"Zane, since we're getting married, my sons would, by extension, be your sons too. So I brought them with me." Aphmau said, delighting at how Zane blushed and stumbled backwards a bit.

"We should probably get you settled in right about now." Zane said hurriedly.

"Yes, let's get you all settled in! And your wedding is a week away! Oh, I just can't wait!" Zianna fangirled, bouncing up and down.
+=+=+=+=+
After getting settled in and having a wonderful day which encompassed a lovely trip around O'Khasis, a delicious dinner, and a relaxing shower, Aphmau was plenty ready to just collapse on the bed and fall asleep. But Levin and Malachi, energetic as ever, didn't give Aphmau a moment's peace.

Both Aphmau and Zane ended up entertaining the two boys until exhausted from a full day of play, Levin and Malachi fell asleep.

"Wow. You're really good with kids. Who've thought that?" Aphmau said teasingly.

Zane looked at Aphmau for a moment before laughing and saying, "Yeah, I guess I am as brilliant as they say."

Aphmau just laughed, pushed him off the bed and joked, "I wouldn't know what to do without your obvious expertise! Oh save me, please!"

Zane laughed for quite a while.
+=+=+=+=+
"Zane, this is actually the first time I've ever slept with you."

"I... I really don't mind." Zane said.

...

"Zane?"

"Yes?"

"I know this is a bit childish, but could you tell me a story?" Aphmau whispered.

"Really?"

"Yes. Tell me a story."

"Well... okay... but only because you asked." Zane whispered.

"There once was an Angel..."

"She hid among humans, helping them. She even fell in love. But she lived for a very long time, and eventually forgot how to love."
+=+=+=+=+
"And that's the end."

"That was a good story."

"Yeah... it definitely was." Zane said, but Aphmau had already fallen asleep.
=<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>=
HAHA! Now you will never know the story!

...

Okay. I'll put it in a chapter in Backstage Pass. Or not. Who knows?

Also, that picture up top-it's not a real angel (it's actually the same kind of dragon I am)-but it's close enough and I'm too tired to draw something right now.

Hope y'all enjoyed.

Baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!