Chapter 90- Stay Strong

His scream rippled through the room. The walker bit into Jasons neck and I screamed. Anger surged through me and I grabbed one of Jasons knives from his belt before he slumped to the ground. I stabbed the walker in the head, and moved to the next one. I sent the knife flying through its skull, the walker fell to the ground and I ran to pick up the knife.

I yanked it out from the skull and moved onto the next one. Walker after walker I killed, clearing out the room.

Finally we were alone, I rushed over to Jason who lied on the floor. His bite was terrible, blood leaked down his shoulder and onto his chest.

He groaned and I cradled his face with my hands. "Oh Jason..." I sobbed, I touched the wound trying to make sense of how bad it was.

If he wouldn't die from blood loss he would die from the infection. Either way he was going to die.

"We don't have a lot of time." Jason said, before having a coughing fit. "You need to be strong, Mariah." Jason started. "You need to be there for Tayler. You have to make sure she gets her insulin, you need to keep her alive." Jason said quickly.

"Tell her I love her, tell her that I'll always be with her no matter what." Jason said. He coughed harshly, he gripped my one hand hard as I cradled his face with my bloody hand.

"You need to stay strong! You can do this Mariah! Your parents would be so proud, just like me." Jason whispered.

"You're going to find this cure, and you're going to kick every walkers ass. You're not letting this world beat you, no you're going to beat it."

I nodded at Jason, the tears flowed down my face as I ran my thumb over his stubbly cheek. "I love you." I whispered, trying to hide my sobs.

"I love you too... Don't cry Mer. I'll see you again, some day." Jason replied.

A tear moved down his face and it only made me cry harder. I sat in silence as Jason took his last breath.

His grip on my hand loosened until his hand fell to the ground. My lip quivered and I laid my head on his chest.

I didn't care if he was becoming a walker, I couldn't do it. I can't stab him, I'd rather die.