Chapter 29- Up In Flames

"I think you're lying." Rick yelled at Jenner. "I think there is a cure, why else would you stay?"

Jenner sighed and looked directly at Rick. "I made a promise." He said staring down at the photograph on his desk.

"TS-19, she was your wife wasn't she?" I asked Jenner quietly.

He looked up at me and nodded slowly. I walked closer to Jenner. "Jenner, she would have wanted for us to live. To find a cure, to save humanity."

He stared at me for a moment, he sighed and punched something into a small key pad.

I turned around and the metal door slid open. "I don't have enough power to unlock the main doors." He mumbled

I nodded and got pulled away by Daryl.
"Let's go!" He shouted.

I stopped and glanced around. Maybe Jenner was right, I don't want to be a walker and I don't want to go back out there.

I shook my head. "No Daryl, I'm staying."

He shook his head. "We don't have time for jokes." He yelled.

He strung his cross bow to his back and walked over to me. "Sorry." He grumbled.

He suddenly pinned my arms and threw me over his shoulder, army style. I flailed and shouted, trying to get back to the room, to die with Jenner.

I stared back into the room. Jenner, Jacque, Andrea, and Dale sat there. They all get to die, and I have to go back out there, to a world filled with no hope.

It wasn't fair. We got to the front room, where we first came in, and Jason took a shot at the glass, hoping to crack it.

He had no such luck. Daryl set me down and I scowled at him. "Who the hell are you to decide my fate?" I screamed at him.

He ignored me and picked up a chair, he beat at the glass, making a tiny crack. "The glass won't break?!" Sophia cried out.

"Rick, I might have something that can help." Carol shouted at Rick. She dug threw her bag frantically.

She pulled a grenade from the bag. "I found this in your pocket, that first night in camp." She said.

Rick took the grenade, staring at it an amazement. "Everyone find cover!" Rick shouted.

I ran behind a flipped over table, Taylor laying beside me.

Jason plopped himself over top of us, squishing me to death. "OH SHIT!" Rick yelled.

A loud bang, followed by shattered glass echoed through the room. and Jason stood up quickly, Pulling me and Taylor to our feet.

I looked at the shattered glass, the aftermath of the explosion. Daryl quickly pulled me forward, making my feet move. We crawled through the window, moving towards the vehicles. Jason and Taylor ran to Shane's jeep, while I headed for Daryl's pickup.

Daryl ushered me inside and just as Daryl shut my door, the CDC went up in flames. Daryl fell down from the shock of the explosion, and I got out of the truck to help. "DARYL?" I yelled. He stood up, looking unscathed and I helped him to the truck.

I opened the passenger side for him to go in, but he shook his head and hobbled around to the drivers side. I sighed and jumped in the truck. To my surprise, I saw Andrea and Dale moving quickly to the RV.

So they had chosen life, not death.

The RV started moving a head of us and we were off.

Time to find a new place to call home.