Chapter 3- Making Plans

I watched Jason as I cleaned my knife, making sure no blood was left from the corpses. I walked over to where Jason was towering over Taylor. Taylor was still trying to catch her breath as she dropped the bag gently on the floor.

"You'll never guess what I found." She gasped with a sly smile. Me and Jason exchanged looks and he put his hands on his hips as I crossed my arms.

She bent down and opened the bag. She gently flipped the bag and it's contents rolled out onto the floor. Bottles of insulin came flying out, a few needles too. I took a step back, not wanting to be so close to the pointy objects.

Jason let out a small whoop and helped pack the rest of the insulin and the needles into the blue bag. Taylor smiled and took a small bow, I gave her a clap and looked at Jason, waiting for his annoying comment. Instead he joined me in my clapping. Taylor looked surprise but then beamed with happiness.

We climbed to the top of the storage containers and got ready to sleep. The sun started to go down and Jason started to make a fire. I don't know how he does it, but he managed to make a small fire. Jason could basically do anything, no matter how outrageous or insane it may be.

He saved me and Taylor from countless attacks, he managed to keep us all alive and he stayed calm and collected. Without him I'd probably be dead right now. Taylor opened a small container with water and put it into a tiny cooking pan we used. She added some seasoning and then put in some wild herbs she found earlier.

The broth was finished and we drank it hungrily. My stomach continued to make dying whale noises but it would have to wait.

I laid down and tried to sleep but my mind continued to wander. Every noise in the warehouse kept me awake. I hugged my knees closer to my chest, trying to warm my body but I still continued to shiver.

I stared down at the floor, looking for any sign of movement so I would have an excuse to get up and walk around. "Can't sleep?" Jason questioned.

It startled me and I jumped. I took my knife out and pointed it at him due to instinct. Jason raised his arms in surrender. "I'm sorry, you startled me." I admitted.

"It's been quiet all night, and you're nervous, it's easy to get startled." He agreed.

I nodded and sat up, still hugging my legs to my chest. He sighed and looked down at Taylor, who was fast asleep. He looked back at me and sat crossed legged. "So where are we going to go?" He questioned.

My brown eyes flickered back to his blue ones. "Well I think we should dump some of our old clothes and get some new ones."

Jason looked at my dirty grey top and light blue jeans. They were covered in filth and blood.

He nodded and gave me a thoughtful look. "There's an old department store a couple blocks away, we could go there. Shop, camp there for a few days maybe even a week."

I smiled and nodded at Jason. "That sounds good, I need a little shopping."

I laid back down and felt a warm feeling come over me. For the first time in weeks, we had a plan. No more running around, no more random looting, we had a plan. A plan to look for clothes and camp in a department store. It wasn't much of a plan but it was something.

I guess I fell asleep because when I opened my eyes the sun shined brightly and Taylor was standing over a pan. I yawned and stretched out on the blanket.

Taylor looked over at me and smiled. "Morning, did you sleep okay? If you were trying to catch up on your beauty sleep, you might want to sleep for a bit longer."

I rolled my eyes as she laughed at her joke. I looked into the pan and she had more broth made.

I made a disappointed groan and she rolled her eyes. "Not like we have the luxury of eggs anymore, Mariah."

I crossed my arms as she started to pour the broth into bowls. I sighed when she handed me the broth. I slurped it down and pulled my hair back.

If we could find a pharmacy to find some, feminine stuff that would be good. Like my hair was getting greasy enough to cook bacon in.

"Hey theres a pharmacy near the department store right?" I asked.

Taylor eyed me curiously. "Ya, why?"

I smiled at her expression. "Good."