Chapter 23- All My Courage

There were only a few rooms, the Grimes went in one, Jason and T-Dog went in another, Carol and Sophia bunked together, Andrea and Jacque claimed another, and much to my dismay, Taylor and Shane went together.

Ever since we've left the camp Taylor's grown closer to Shane, and Shane seemed to noticed. I wasn't sure if Shane was doing it to piss me off, but it sure worked. I was angry at Shane, and even more mad at Taylor.

She knew how I felt about him and now she was rooming with him? I thought siblings weren't suppose to do that sorta thing.

I sighed and walked into the closest room. To be honest I didn't really care who I was rooming with, as long as I slept in a bed.

I laid down on the bed and noticed an old fisherman's hat laying on a table. I froze and stared at Dales hat. I quickly picked all my gear up and fled the room. Dale was sweet and all, but there was no way I was going to room with a man that could be the same age as my grandfather.

I walked into the last room, hoping whoever roomed here wouldn't mind. I threw my stuff down on a table and laid down on the bed. I looked over to the side-table to see a cross bow, and arrows covering the table. I sighed and rolled over. I'm sharing a room with Daryl? Fine, it won't be any different then when we shared the tent and I was definitely not going to share a bed with the same man that resembled santa claus.

I sat up and pulled the weapons off my back. I rubbed my aching shoulders and stretched my neck. I heard the sound of a door swinging open. I turned around to see Daryl, standing shirtless in the middle of the door way.

"What the hell are you doin' in here?" He questioned.

I sighed and stood up from the bed. "The only other place to room was with Dale, sorry but I'm sleeping in here." I stood awkwardly, waiting for his response.

He shrugged and walked over to the bed. He plopped himself down and started to clean off his arrows. I shrugged and walked into the bathroom. I quickly turned back on the hot water and undressed.

The hot water felt amazing on my skin, cleaning away the filth and grime. I used what was left of the bar of soap and when I finally felt clean, stepped out. I reached for a towel and wrapped it around my body. I looked around for my clothes, but I couldn't find them. Great.

I poked my head out the door and Daryl sat on the bed, still cleaning his arrows.

I shut the door again and took a deep breath. I stuck my head out the door and made sure I was covering all my personal spots.

"Um Daryl, can you go to Lori and ask her for some clothes, I don't have any." I asked awkwardly.

Daryl turned around and looked me, the 'are you stupid' look was stuck to his face. He chuckled and left the room, shaking his head as he hopefully went to find clothing. I shut the door and retied the towel around my body. I patiently waited for Daryl to come back with my clothes.

I turned and looked into the steamy mirror. My face was different now, slimmer and my hair looked knotted and long.

I stood back for a moment. My body was too slim now, I wasn't as muscular as I was before, instead I was petite looking, like I would be blown away.

I continued to look at my reflection when Daryl opened the door. "Here." He tossed me a set of clothes.

I took one hand away from my towel and caught the items. "Thanks."

He nodded and quickly left, shutting the door behind me. I pulled on a pair of fabric shorts and an oversized T-Shirt. I quickly left the room and came out into the bedroom. Daryl had on a shirt and was staring at my ninjato swords.

"What?" I said quickly walking over to the swords. I pulled them out of the sheath and handed one to him.

He took it and ran his thumb across the blade. "Nothin', it's just that the swords, they're like you."

I frowned from confusion. "What are you talking about?" I asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Well, the sword. It's dark and different, it has a story just like you." I shrugged and pondered Daryl's comment.

Did he find me dark? And what kind of different was he talking about? I forced a smile and slid the sword back into it's sheath. "Yeah I guess, I've had these swords for a very long time."

He nodded and relaxed back into the bed, stretching his legs out in front of him comfortably.

"Daryl.. can I ask you something?"

He nodded and crossed his arms. This was going to take all the courage I had.

"How... how do you feel about me?"

Daryl froze when I said it. He stared into my eyes not making any kind of emotion at all, and then he looked away.

"You tell me first." He looked back up into my eyes as he said it.

I took in a deep breath, I swear my heart was going to stop. "I like you Daryl."

He raised a eyebrow and sat up, his arms still crossed. "Do ya now?"

I blushed and looked away. "Yeah.." I mumbled.

He chuckled and stood up from the bed. He walked towards the door and opened it. "Same." He murmured softly, almost to soft to hear.

Then he quickly shut the door behind him, leaving me alone with a grin stretching out on my face.