Chapter 114- Fearful and Alone

"It's the only way." Rick's voice said over the clinking of the fence and the groans of the walkers.

"Seriously? It's the only way?" I asked.

"Who else knows?" Daryl asked suspiciously, his arms wrapping around me as we listened to Rick.

Hershel stood beside Rick, leaning against the wall for support. "Only you." Rick quickly answered.

"Gonna tell 'em?" Daryl asked.

"Not till after. We have to do it today, it has to be quiet." Rick continued.

Daryl sighed and hugged me closer, his face squishing against my head. "Got a plan?" Daryl asked.

"Tell her we need to talk, away from the others." Rick replied.

"It just ain't us man." Daryl added.

"No, no it isn't." Hershel replied angrily.

"This isn't right Rick. This man he'll hurt her, he'll probably touch her....." I whispered.

Rick licked his lips and shifted his weight onto his other leg "If we do this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies." Rick replied sadly.

I looked at Daryl in silence, his mind clouded with thoughts. "Who, who's gonna...." Daryl started.

"We need someone else," Rick interrupted

"I'll talk to 'em." Daryl offered, releasing me from his grasp.

"No, I'll do it." Rick countered.

"I'll come with ya." Daryl replied, slightly irritated at Rick's reply.

"No, just me." Rick mumbled before heading into the Prison without us.

I rubbed my eye and looked at the walkers growling at us through the fence.

"This isn't right." I whispered to myself, still staring at the partly decomposed walkers.

"This isn't right, I agree. But Rick's determined to keep this place safe. He'll do anything he can to make that happen." Hershel commented.

"There ain't much we can do Mariah." Daryl said to me softly before clasping a hand on my back.

"No Daryl, we can stop this. It isn't fair to choose her fait. This isn't right, this man he's twisted. He won't kill her, he'll abuse her." I snapped.

Daryl seemed taken a back for a moment but he quickly regained his calm and assertive stance. "What else can we do? Let everyone we know die?" Daryl exclaimed. I sighed heavily and looked at the Prison.

Daryl's words felt harsh, even though they weren't meant that way. He was right and I knew it. The only problem was that I didn't want to accept that, I didn't want anyone else to die.

"I don't know Daryl, but I know this isn't right." I whispered before walking back into the Prison.

I don't know why this was effecting me so much, I had grown to respect Michonne. But why was I so concerned over her while my family could be in danger?

I clutched my head and a nauseating feeling washed through me. I grabbed the wall for support and breathed deeply "Hey you alright?" Allison's soft voice asked from a head of me.

I nodded and played it off as nothing "Are we running low on anything? Formula or something?" I quickly asked, distracting Allison.

She glanced over to a wall stacked with can food supply's and studied it for a moment before nodding "We could use more formula." She suggested.