Chapter 80- Family First

I stood with my back facing Maggie, I was between Daryl and Rick. We moved in a group, stepping out to kill a single walker. Daryl moved quickly and stabbed a walker with his knife. I stepped forward and stabbed the walker in front of me with my sword.

The walker slumped to the ground and I stepped back towards the group. T-Dog moved forwards and killed a walker while Maggie moved beside him and swiftly sent her knife through the walkers head.

I turned my attention back around to the end of the compound that we were approaching.

Rick took out his lock and quickly moved to the gate with Daryl. I smiled triumphantly as I looked at the near empty Prison yard. Maggie yelped and jumped back from the guards room to my left. I spun and looked at several walkers pilling out.

The walkers wore riot gear, with helmets. I moved towards the closest one and tried to stab it with my sword.

Anger rushed through me as I tried to find a way to dispose of the walker. I looked at Maggie, would had just finished stabbing the walker in the neck. Her eyes went wild and she grinned ear to ear as she looked at us "Did ya see that?!" She exclaimed.

Glenn nodded and T-Dog quickly grabbed the walker I was trying to kill earlier. Glenn easily stabbed it in the neck and the walker fell to the ground.

I wandered over to Daryl and Rick who were easily disposing of the last few walkers. I laughed as they worked almost like a tag team, killing the walkers efficiently.

Daryl turned towards me as I laughed, and smirked as he kicked a walker in the stomach and threw a knife into it's skull.

I rolled my eyes and watched as a walker approached Daryl as he pulled the knife out of the walkers head. I ran forward and kicked the walker away from Daryl, I sliced through the walkers head easily and Daryl frowned.

"What?" I asked, cleaning my sword off.

"Nothin'." He muttered before turning to look at the fallen walker.

"Hey, Rick." Daryl shouted, making Rick wander towards us. Daryl pointed at a female walker wearing a yellow dress. "Its a civilian, Prison could have a breach." Daryl commented as he kicked the walker in the foot.

Rick sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Well?" I asked as Rick tried to make a decision.

"Come on." Rick said tiredly as he strolled towards the prison door.

"Ready?" Glenn asked, opening the door with heavy metal bars on it.

"Let's do it." T-Dog said as Rick started to enter the Prison.

"Stay away from any fallen walkers, make sure to keep your voices down." Rick said quietly as we walked down a dark hallway.

I held my sword in the ready position with my back facing the Prison door. Noises echoed through the entire building, making it even more creepy as we made our way down the hallway.

Daryl made his way to the front of our group while Rick and me stayed near the back. We're all good fighters, theres no doubt about that. It's just a matter of who was willing to sacrifice themselves for others.

I wasn't going to let any of these people die without fighting until the end, these people are my family and you never leave family behind. We turned down the hallway to another door with bars. Daryl burst through the door and easily shot the first walker. He ran over, pulled the arrow from the walkers head, turned around, then stabbed another walker with the same arrow.

Daryl was the most experienced killer of walkers on the planet, he killed them so easily. He made it look like it was a joke. I looked around at the random bodies laying around the room. All of them wore prison jumpsuits or guard gear.

I despised the idea of sleeping in a cage, a place where the kept prisoners. If I was sleeping anywhere, it would be in the perch.

"Let's bring the others." Rick said quietly as I took count of the bodies. I nodded and followed after Rick and the others.

I caught up with Daryl and put my sword over my back into its sheath. "What do you think?" I asked curiously.

Daryl shrugged and strung his crossbow to his back. "Dunno yet, we're gonna have to see." He said quietly.

I nodded and we walked outside to the rest of the group. Everyone waited patiently on the other side of the fence.

We walked over and I looked at my group, my family. "We found a new home." Rick smiled.