Chapter 53- Good With A Gun

Beth basically started to freak out "We're going to die here! How are we going to live from this?!" She screamed at me.

I put both my hands on her shoulders "Beth, listen to me okay. You're going to hide in that closet. I'm going to use the back door and get the walkers away. Meet me at the horses, if I'm not back before nightfall go back to the farm okay?" I asked her.

She nodded and I pushed her to the closet "We can do this, don't use your gun unless you absolutely have to." I commanded.

She nodded and I shut the closet. "Lock it." I commanded, "I can't!" She exclaimed.

"Alright pull on the handle like your life depended on it, cause it does" I said quickly.

She pulled on the handle and I tugged on it. Hopefully she would be able to hold against the walkers.

I took a deep breath and took my swords of my back. I walked over to the glass window and quickly smashed my sword threw it.

I was going to take out as many as I could. I only got to a few walkers when the glass broke more.

I walked for the door and quickly opened it. I looked threw and a dimly lit hallway with the light flickering.

I took a deep breath and look behind me the walkers were breaking threw the glass and were right on me.

I waited a few more moments and quickly ran down the hallway. I looked behind and the walkers pilled through the door.

I turned and ran down another hallway. I came to a set of double doors and quickly pushed them open.

I shut them behind me and leaned against them. The walkers pushed against the door, almost making me loose my balance.

I pushed back but they were stronger. I ran forwards and jumped on a cafeteria table.

I took a deep breath and the walkers pilled in around me. I sliced off their heads, trying to make sure I went faster.

A walker grabbed my leg and bit down on my boot. I kicked it away and I basically spun in a circle, spinning my sword into the heads.

I was too overwhelmed, there was no way I was going to make it out of this alive. Then a gun shot sounded, then another. I looked across the room to see Beth shooting the walkers down.

I kept fighting, trying to free myself from the walkers. When one grabbed my leg and I stabbed it just in time.

I heard Beth scream out and looked to see a walker towering over her. There was no way I would make it their in time. I took a rushed glance at the walker and sent a bullet flying at the corpse with my crappy revolver, hoping it would hit it in the head.

I didn't have time to see as another walker bit into my boot. I stabbed it in the head and the sound of gunshots rang out again.

I glanced over and Beth was shooting again, if she got surrounded once more I wouldn't be able to help her.

I swung my swords down again, landing in two walkers skulls. We were almost there, nearly five walkers left.

I killed two more and Beth finished off the rest. I jumped off the table and Beth grinned wildly.

"I didn't know you were so good with a gun." I said quickly. She smiled and looked at the dead walkers

"Jason taught me, I learned in private so no one would yell at us." She said quickly.

I nodded and a sorta awkward silence started when I had a idea. "Wanna check the cafeteria for food?" I asked her, she nodded and jumped into the cafeteria.

I put my swords on my back and pulled the knife out of the walkers head. Beth walked in a moment later.

"Mariah, we may have a problem..." She said quickly.

"What are you.." A large man with a gun pointed at Beth's back stepped out of the shadows.

"Who the hell are you?" The man asked.