Chapter 34- Is That A Yes?

The moans got closer and I knew I was a goner. There was no way I'd be able to fight off all those walkers by myself.

I heard my group screaming my name, searching for me. I just hope they can survive this, because I surely won't.

The walkers got closer and closer, their faint moans growing louder each second. I laid there, trying to pry my foot from under the wreckage.

Then a figure stepped forward, blocking me from the walkers. Arrows flew through the air, along with several knives. One stray walker got uncomfortably close.

It's stumbling body close to mine. It fell on top of me, it's gnawing teeth trying to rip the flesh from my bones.

I screamed and pushed it off, but it just came back, trying to chomp on my flesh. An arrow pierced through it's head, making it die instantly and collapse over top of me.

The arrow was steel, nothing like Daryl's. Had some unknown strangers come to help me?

No, Allison started to pry the rubble from my ankle, a long bow strapped to her back.

A minute later Taylor was next to her, helping her remove the rubble from my battered leg.

The moan's quickly disappeared, and Taylor helped me stand up. "Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

I nodded and Allison came to my other side. "God, you almost got your ass kicked." Allison muttered.

"Thanks." I mumbled. I tried to take a step forward but winced. It was painful, like someone had broken my leg.

"Let me take a look." Jason commanded as he crouched down to look at my leg.

He sighed and stood up. "It's probably a minor break. You're gonna have to ride in the RV."

I nodded and cringed as I took another step forward. "Here, I got you." Jason mumbled as he swiftly picked me up.

He pulled me inside the RV and laid me down on the bed, I winced at every movement I made.

Daryl stormed inside a moment later, anger engulfing his face. "What the hell were you thinkin'? You coulda gotten yourself killed!" Daryl yelled at me.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to see-" he interrupted me.

"No, if we're gonna be together you gotta promise me you won't be stupid. You can't go round makin' trouble for yourself!" He yelled.

I frowned and looked at the blankets on the bed. "Fine Daryl." I said quietly.

He sighed miserably and sat down on the edge of the bed. "How long till you think it'll heal?" He asked.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"Do you need anythin'?" He asked.

"Can you grab me some water?" I asked.

He pursed his lips and gave a slight nod before he stood from the bed and trudged away.

Dale and Andrea came in a moment later looking rather quiet: "So where do we camp?" I questioned them.

Dale sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Here, I guess. That's what Rick said anyways. We'll just have to keep people on watch." He said quietly.

Daryl popped in a moment later with a bottle of water. Dale and Andrea kinda scooted around him in the cramped RV before Dale sighed quietly. "I'm going to camp outside tonight." He murmured before leaving.

Andrea didn't say anything, just trudge after Dale. Daryl handed me the water and I drank it thirstily. "Look, I just don't want you to get hurt." He said quietly.

"Is that your version of I'm sorry?" I questioned him. He scowled and crossed his arms.

"I'll take that as a yes?" I asked again. He didn't change his emotion, he stared at me intently, like he wanted to say something but couldn't bring himself to say it.

"So, are we together Daryl or what?" I asked bluntly. Daryl stared at me for a moment, studying my face.

"I'll take that as a no." I said quietly. I mumbled as I turned to roll over onto my side. He grabbed my arm and prevented me from moving.

I couldn't help but smile when I looked into his blue eyes. "Is that a yes?" I questioned him.

He nodded and released my arm. "I'll see you later, Dixon." I said quietly. He frowned but nodded and he walked away.