Chapter 4- Dividing The Goodies

Taylor gave me a weird look since I was grinning like an idiot. But she shrugged and went back to cleaning up.

I quickly packed up my stuff and helped Taylor clean up Jason's belongings. Speaking of Jason where was he?

When we were done I sat down beside Taylor on the edge of the container. "Where's Jay?" I questioned her, before changing my gaze so I could see across the room at the other containers.

She stared off into space like me, without blinking. "He said he'd be back in a hour, times almost up."

I nodded and looked towards the infested part of the warehouse. "He'll be back soon, don't worry." I reassured.

She just continued to stare at the empty part of the warehouse. I hopped down from the container and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Taylor yelled after me. I ignored her and peered through the dirty window, a corpse was stumbling down the isle. Then something flew through the air and struck it in the back of the head. A second later it was on the ground, Jason standing over it and yanking the knife from it's head.

He looked around quickly and strolled towards the door, he had a green army bag over his shoulder and a grin on his face.

"TAYLOR!" I screamed she appeared beside me a minute later. "Whats wrong?" She asked, concern filling her voice.

I pointed through the door and her face lit up like a christmas tree. We stood back and waited for him to come through the door.

"Clear." He said in a normal voice. He strolled over to us and dropped the bag.

"Ready?" He asked us, I looked at Taylor and she nodded. "Whats in the bag, Jay?"

He smirked at us both smugly. "See for yourself."

Taylor quickly bent down and opened the bag. I gasped when I saw the bag laid out before me. Taylor squealed with excitement as she picked up a sniper rifle.

I bent down and picked up an AK47. I looked to the bottom of the bag to see a beautiful balisong laying at the bottom of the bag.

I quickly picked it up and played with it in my hand. I dropped the gun, I've never liked using guns. They're too loud and hurt my shoulder from the kickback.

We quickly emptied the bag, dividing the ammo up equally between Taylor and Jason. Taylor and Jason divided the guns up equally afterwards.

There was one browning 9x19 mm hi-power hand gun left over. "Take it, we want you to have some protection." Taylor said pushing the gun towards me.

I frowned and took the gun with a long sigh. Jason kicked over a full pack of ammo. I shook my head. "You guys will use it more than I will."

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Will you just take the damn ammunition." I frowned and threw it into my bag, along with the hand gun.

Both Taylor and Jason had one hand gun out now, Jason took the sniper rifle and Taylor took the AK47. The rest were set inside of our duffle bags and backpacks.

We sorted the knives up evenly and strapped on the rest of our gear. We got outside slowly, made a break for it and ran down the street.

Not a lot of walkers noticed us as we ran down the street. We stabbed the occasional one but made it to the store, barely breaking a sweat.

We quickly disappeared inside the store and we walked through the ransacked clothing section and went to the middle floor. We dropped our stuff off there and headed back
downstairs.

I grabbed a black tank top, and black jeans. I grabbed a pair of army boots and grabbed some new under garments.

I quickly threw on the clothing and looked into a cracked mirror. I braided my dirty blonde hair back to keep it out of my face.

The pants were slowly sliding down, and sighed knowing that they were almost a size too big. I finally came to the conclusion I needed a belt.

I walked all over the store and found a regular black one.

I pulled my gun out from my bag and tucked it between my jeans and lower back, then strapped my knife to my hip again.

I grinned and looked back into the mirror. I looked good in all black, and it would provide some camouflage at night.

I think I'll stick with this look. I put my mothers amulet back on and admired myself once again.

I saw Jason appear in the mirror behind me and motioned to my new outfit. "Like what you see?" I questioned him.

He was wearing dark jeans like mine with a grey v-neck. He had hiking boots on and his gun was very visible on his back, telling any threats to back off.

Taylor appeared beside him a second later. She wore a army green tank top like mine and wore black jeans. She had hiking boots on like Jason, and had her long blonde hair pulled back into her favorite messy bun. Her gun wasn't on her, but her bow peaked out from behind her shoulder on her back.

If my father could see us now, he'd be so happy and proud. He'd want us to survive and get along. My dad was a little rough around the edges from all the death he was around when he was out serving for our country, it made him a little too paranoid.

Thats why he trained us all. So we could protect ourselves. Looks like it came in handy.

What we were doing now though, It would make him proud.