Awkward in the Closet

Naomi Carter

“That was some scary shit…” mumbled Brett, he looked so relieved right now. Well, who can blame him? I mean Cherry is pretty scary. Oh, hey! That rhymed. I giggled, “Scary Cherry.”

Logan gathered up the pieces of papers and I wished that I would be King. Everyone took a piece of paper and I squeezed my eyes shut before looking at mine.

“So who’s the king?” asked Ace who was looking sourly at his drawn paper, guess he also must’ve wanted to be king.

I blinked when I saw the letter that was scrawled on my paper. K

I abruptly stood up, and announced that I was the king. I can’t believe that for once after coming here, I actually got lucky.

I sat down when they asked what command I’d give. Hmmm… I haven’t thought about that. I decided to go with something simple but long. “Number thirteen, go outside and in the middle of the dance floor, lie down on the floor for half an hour while number two will take a picture of you while also keeping time."

Logan frowned at me as he stood, "An hour? Why so long?" he asked.

I blushed, I don't really know why I thought of that command but, if he only lied down for a minute then I don't think that would be so fun.

“Quit whining Logan,” said Walker. “Just do the deed.” He turned to the others, “So? Who’s number two?”

Suzie shyly raised her hand. Aww… I’m glad I was able to give them some time alone.

They left the room, Logan quite unhappy, while Suzie looking like she didn’t know what to do. They’re so cute.

I grinned as my eyes kept following the two until the door closed. Laura took everyone’s papers. I saw Scarlet take out her phone and took a quick shot of her cute boyfriend who was grumbling about the stupid cotton buds. He caught Scarlet trying to take another photo and glowered. Scarlet just giggled in response.

West was looking pretty content. Walker was looking bored. I expected Sky to be looking bored and glum as well but I caught him staring at Summer who was cheerfully talking to Josh about what extremely embarrassing commands they should try. I felt myself smile at the sight of Sky Anderson jealous. I never thought he’d be like this when faced with jealousy. So cute.

Ace on the other hand was now focused on his game again. As Laura passed the boxes around, he just took one, peeked at it then frowned when again he wasn’t lucky enough to become the king. “Oh yeah,” I heard someone say in a triumphant whisper. I glanced at the person and found a grinning West. Before he said a command he stood up and… did he just peek at Sky’s number?

Immediately he covered his mouth as if to keep himself from laughing and then he accidentally made eye contact with me. I blushed under his intense gaze, but then he was slightly jerking his chin. What does that mean?

Was he trying to tell me something? He kept doing it, his eyes desperately trying to make me understand him. And when I slowly looked at what he meant, I understood. He wanted me to look at Summer’s number.

I nodded in understanding and scooted a little closer to Summer who was sharing numbers with Scarlet and Josh.

I didn’t know what to do and looked at West for help. He rolled his eyes at me and sat back down. By now people were starting to ask who was the king and West was not confessing until I got the Summer’s number.

I went to Summer and showed her my number, “Hey, do you know who’s the king?”

She smiled at me, such a cheerful girl. She showed me hers saying, “Nah, I wish I was the king again, but I ended up with number five.”