A Surprising Start of the Day

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update. But I hope you enjoy reading this new chapter :)

                                                                                      ***

I woke up feeling… strange. Well it’s close to awful actually. I don’t even know why. West stayed with me until I fell asleep! I should be ecstatic!

Wait, how was I even able to sleep with him present there? My heart was beating so fast and it rang in my ear. I was so worried that West might hear the treacherous thing. Thankfully he didn’t. Hold on, what was he saying again? I think I remember him speaking to me just before I drifted to sleep. He said my name and then… I really can’t recall. It’s probably nothing important. He was probably just gonna say something reassuring or tease me for being so scared.

I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and stretched my arms back with a big yawn. Wow, it’s a miracle! I didn’t fall off the bed! Yey!

“Meow.”

I looked in front of me and saw my lovely cat staring at me at the foot of the bed.

“Good morning,” I greeted her. “Did you sleep well?”

“Meow,” she said and walked elegantly towards me.

“Good for you,” I told her as I ran my hand through her fur. “I had a good night sleep too. Oh, did you know,” I took her and raised her at eye level. “West was sooooo sweet! He stayed with me until I fell asleep! I was actually hoping to see him beside me when I woke up but I guess I’d be pushing my luck by then.” She licked my cheek. “Thanks Whisky! You’re as sweet as he is. But I do feel embarrassed when I dozed off when he was saying something –“

Someone cleared there throat.

“Whisky, please tell me it’s not him,” I whispered to my cat without turning to the one whom I assume is leaning against the door frame looking devastatingly handsome.

“Meow.”

“Good morning to you too Whisky,” my favorite voice said. Immediately my face began to heat up.

I reluctantly turned to meet his incredibly warm gaze. “Good morning Naomi,” he said coolly.

I gulped. “G-good morning,” I said.

A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, “Was I really that sweet?” he teased.

I stared at him with my mouth hanging open.

He just stared back at me with that charming amused expression on his face. Then he said, “You look cute with that hair,” he said.

I heated up.

“Anyway, it’s good to know you slept well. Breakfast is on the table,” he said before leaving me in the room speechless.

How many times am I going to humiliate myself in front of him while I’m here? I wondered.

I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. Today, I decided to wear denim shorts so that there wouldn’t be any underwear scene that can possibly occur, and I wore a cream-colored blouse. My hair was surprisingly obedient today and it flowed down to my shoulders with elegant waves. I hoped that West would like how I look today. But I seriously doubt it.

After that I poked my head out the room to see whatever’s happening with the Gray family. It’s awfully quiet and that is very unusual.

I went out and saw Tyler pouting on the sofa. He had his arms cutely crossed over his chest showing his stubborn rejection upon West’s apology. His older brother was smiling at him, clearly enjoying himself as he held up a chocolate bar in front of Ty.