Scarlet Anderson

Naomi Carter

This is the most unexpected morning of my summer... And right now, I'm having breakfast with none other than Natt and Nick. How did that happen? Well let's rewind things a bit.

"Mmm.." I mumbled in my sleep.

"Naomi... It's me, West... Did I ever tell you that I love you?" a voice said.

I smiled dreamily as I heard those words, "You do?" I asked softly.

"Yes, I do..." he answered.

I smiled widely and hugged my pillow tighter.

"But... I'm sorry," he suddenly added.

"Mmmm?" I whimpered.

"We can't be together," he said.

"Why?" I said helplessly in my sleep.

"Because, I also love someone else..."

"No! You can't!" I cried.

"I'm sorry, but I wanna be with Sky Anderson."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed in horror and fell off my bed. I rubbed my eyes, head and butt until my morning confusion was gone, then I saw and heard the laughter of the twins on my bedroom floor. Natt was clutching his stomach and Nick was pounding his fist on the floor. Both of them laughing like madmen. And that's when I realized that it was them saying those stupid words in my sleep!!!

"WHAT THE HELL!!! WHY ARE YOU TWO HERE!?" I demanded angrily.

They just kept laughing and laughing. My face was completely red as I scowled darkly at them and stood up in frustration, "Get out of my room!" I shouted.

Nick shook his head and forced himself to stop laughing to tell me, "Take it easy Naomi, we were just messing---"

"I SAID OUT!"

They stopped laughing and smiled at me as they stood to leave while they chuckled as they shut my door. I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair, "What a rotten morning," I muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there. That explains why I'm so mad, but it didn't explain the reason they were here. "Tell me again the reason you two decided to come visit me so early in the morning?" I asked as I bit my bacon.

"It wasn't that early, it was already nine," said Natt as he drank some of his orange juice.

"Yeah, and we're here to check on you since we were responsible for you almost drowning yesterday," said Nick as he stole his brother's bacon.

"Hey!" Natt protested, but it was too late and his twin put it in his mouth.

"But why did you have to stay for breakfast?" I grumbled as I distanced my plate from them to keep my food safe.

"I invited them," Maylie said as she passed by carrying our laundry, and just then Nick, who was near her said, "Hey, um you dropped something."

He bent down his chair and picked up my... oh God no.

I dived on the table and snatched my underwear from his hand. The twins' eyes stared at me and they said at the same time, "Pink stripes..."

 "Shut up!" I snapped and marched off to hide the damn thing.