A Strange Turn of Events

Naomi Carter

When West opened the door, multiple heads swiveled in our direction. "Took you guys long enough," snorted Ace. "So, did you mark her?"

I blushed but didn't fail to notice the piece of paper in his hand. I saw the letter K on it. "Why are you the king? You guys started the next round!?" I asked.

Scarlet grinned and rolled her eyes, "Well you guys took way too long in there, we were getting bored."

"Show us the hickey!" said Logan.

West sighed and tugged at my hand. I gulped and stiffly walked beside him to stand in front of Logan who had smugly crossed his arms and was waiting in annoying patience for him to see the evidence of West accomplishing his command. 

When Logan gave West a silent question, West sighed again saying, "It's on her neck."

I brushed some of my hair a little and I had a very strong urge of wanting to dig a hole and hide in there. Logan squinted his eyes. "I don't see it."

I blinked. it wasn't there? But I was positive that...

I felt myself heat up as I recalled how it felt when West was kissing me, sending weird and strangely utterly pleasant sensations through my entire body.

"It's there, a bit near the nape," West said.

"Hmm..." said Logan as he turned me and looked. "Why conceal it? The more visisble, the better."

"For the guys maybe," Laura snorted. "But for the girls it's not."

“So is the hickey there or not?” demanded Ace impatiently.

Logan turned me and said, “Yup, it’s there alright.”

“I wanna see!” said Scarlet, already getting up from her seat and heading towards me. I squeaked and brought my hair down, lowering my face and I quickly went to hide behind West. I really don’t like being the center of attention. And who knows what embarrassing comments Scarlet would have for the hickey on my neck.

Some of the guys tried to have a look at it too, pestering me to show them. West gave me no help. It seemed to me like he wanted the others to see that he had marked me. That thought made me blush, because I realized that I was already West’s girlfriend. I AM West’s girlfriend.

I can’t believe this day has finally come! All those peaceful yet lonely days of watching him from my window, all those times I wished he would notice me, all those days where I did nothing but dream about having at least one conversation with him… and now I was his freakin’ girlfriend! This is FANTASTIC!

Ever since I was a kid I’ve been the one waiting, hoping, and wishing he’d look at me. And now… he has. This is too good to be true… hihihi….

“Why is she grinning?”

“Okay, now she’s giggling,” said the guys.

“Earth to Naomi? Hello~?” said Scarlet.

I blinked. I was acting like a major weirdo, smiling and giggling to myself from my happy thoughts, forgetting that I was surrounded by people who might find it extremely odd and strange.

“Enough!” said Ace. “I’m the king now remember!?”

Everyone grumbled complaints and we all sat down in respect to the current king. Ace smirked. His expression showed clearly his amusement to have such authority which, considering his age in the group, was a rare thing to have at hand. He grinned wickedly when we asked for his command. “All numbers! I order you to kneel before me and kiss my feet, like proper commoners!”