I'm A Good Liar

Nash Carter

Please. Somebody tell me the expression on West’s face doesn’t mean that he recognizes me.

Well actually, since the twins announced my last name as Carter, I think that pretty much gave me away. And I’m pretty sure the twins did that on purpose too.

The crowd cheered and the music resumed its booming noise. People started dancing and enjoying themselves while West stared at me with his green eyes still wide. Even though I was panicking inside, I couldn’t help but notice how deliciously hot he was. He had on an open red collared shirt and underneath was a black undershirt. He was a too far away from me for me to notice anything else. But then I realized that he was trying to get past the crowd and was heading straight towards me.

My heart hammered with alarm. I bolted and pushed past the countless strangers, desperately trying to put as much distance as I could. I definitely do NOT want to face him with the way I am right now.

I pushed past someone and ended up tripping on something. Was that a teddy bear? I wasn’t so sure.

Anyway, I was going to fall flat on my face if it hadn’t been for the arm that swooped down and caught me by my waist.

Another arm went around me, steadying me, and I breathed in relief, “Thanks…” I said without looking at my savior. I glanced back just in time to see West closing in.

I squeaked. I hurriedly tried looking for a place to hide but I was surrounded by a wall of guys. I couldn’t even see past their shoulders.

In my panic, I turned to my savior, my face looking behind me as I said, “Help –“ I coughed and remembered to deepen my voice, “D-dude, you need t-to help me, I um that guys chasing me!” I pointed at West.

I finally looked up and found a very handsome face staring at me with an amused expression. “You need to get rid of West?” he asked. His voice was deep and smooth. His hair was chestnut brown that covered his dark brows, and he had nice, strangely calculative, hazel eyes.

I nodded.

He quirked a brow and looked at my approaching crush and yelled, “CHERRY!!! West’s over here!!!”

I saw West stiffen and literally freeze as we heard someone squeal in delight. “SHIT!” I heard West say, he immediately changed direction and began to desperately get as far away as possible from whatever was coming.

West’s scared of cherries?

Before I could ask, my savior took my hand and pulled my wrist saying, “He won’t be able to move so freely now that his nightmare knows where he is.”

I didn’t understand that, but as I was being dragged away, I managed to glance back and saw… a beautiful blonde girl tackle West with a hug…

My heart was in my throat.

Mr. anonymous took me into a room… I didn’t really know that we had stopped moving until he shook me. “Nash, hey kid,” he said. “Wait a minute… are you crying?” he asked in disbelief.

I cleared my throat and lied, “No, ‘course not. I just have something in my eye.”

He chuckled, “Okay, so, do you mind telling me why West’s after you?”

I looked at him and found him leaning on the wall of the girly room. The first thing my mind processed was that… He is hot. Why is it that West and his friends look like super hot male models?