My New Name

Naomi  Ca---- “No, we still need to think of a guy name for you,” said Natt.

He was brushing my hair…making me feel calm and relaxed. I sighed, yup, I love it when people brush my hair or run their hands through it when they’re trying to fix it. It so soothing and it always gets me relaxed and lightheaded.

“Naomi?”

“Hmmm?”

“You’re acting weird.” Nick stared at me while his brother agreed with a nod as he continued to brush my hair.

“I am?” I asked softly. My eyes were closed.

“That’s it, stop it Natt. She’s starting to sound like a drugged hippie.” Nick took the hairbrush and dumped something on my lap. “Put it on.” Nick started digging through his clothes and then took out a navy blue jacket.

I stared at what he handed me and realized that it was a wig. My hair was lightly tied back by Natt and I put the wig on and hid my ponytail inside it. “Is this really necessary?” I asked.

“Of course it is… Unless you want to be the only female among the hungry male population that is going to be at the party, then, no this shouldn’t be necessary.” Nick shot me ‘no more questions’ look.

“Fine.” I tugged at the neck of Natt’s shirt. They made me put on his black shirt that had ‘You Suck’ written on it. “Why do you have a wig anyway?”

“Long story,” Natt said. He took my arm and hauled me up on my feet. He and his brother led me to the tall mirror. When I saw my reflection… I thought I didn’t look too bad.

The image in the mirror was a boy. He had long brown hair, his bangs hid his eyebrows. He was wearing a black shirt and loose denim shorts that reached below the knees. I didn’t look like a girl. This is so embarrassing…

Nick nodded in approval. “This wouldn’t have worked if you were a C or a D.”

“Yup, good thing you’re a B.” Natt grinned.

“Hey!” I blushed and covered my chest. “Don’t talk about my boobs that way.” I glared at them. They made me wrap my chest so that it would look flat. And yes, it worked. Especially with the black shirt. It looks like I have no boobs!

“West liked a D-cup girl once,” Natt said casually, he took the jacket and handed it to me.

“Yeah, now she was hot,” said Nick.

“SHUT UP!” I yelled.

“Yeah, we better stop or she’ll end up sulking in the corner of her room,” laughed Natt.

“I don’t sulk,” I grumbled. Nick tipped my chin up and grinned. “Then wipe that adorable pout off your face.”

I blushed and jerked my face away.

“Alright, now that you look like a fourteen-year-old boy –“

“What do you mean a fourteen-year-old?” I said.

“Well,” Nick scratched his head. “Considering your height, your features and your body… that’s the age they’ll put you in.”

“I look like a kid?” I asked in disbelief.

“Don’t worry. You pass as a dude. Besides, you look cute…” said Natt. He squinted his eyes, “For a dude,” he added.

I smiled, “Uh, thanks?”