Twenty Nine

Orion's POV

We walk into the courthouse and Reagan told me that Talia isn't able to have kids because of where she was shot and I feel terrible because everyone and their moms knows that it's been Talia's dream since she was a child to have some of her own. And now she can't because her boyfriend is the most selfish person on the planet. We watch Adam come out in handcuffs and the ugliest orange scrubs. I can't even look at him. I stare at the ground. One of the boys starts to cry and Reagan starts freaking out trying to search through a diaper bag for a pacifier. I turn to her and she puts it in Adam's mouth. I chuckle at the irony. I stare back at the ground not even acknowledging Adam's parents.

" Since you're still a minor, you have a choice." The judge says.

I jerk my head up and look at Adam.

" A choice?" Adam. asks.

I want to get up and choke him but he's still my best friend and he made a mistake. And a big one. Like an unforgivable one.

" Rehab or Juvenile hall for 5 months." The judge says.

Adam doesn't say anything. Then his mom lets out a gasp and starts crying. I turn to her and she looks disappointed.

" Rehab." Adam says.

The judge hits the gravel.

" Okay you will be required to start rehab on Monday and be monitored 24/7. You will be in rehab for as long as they decide to keep you there. You will live on the site." The judge says.

Adam smiles. The officer takes the handcuffs off Adam. Adam comes to the jury and his mom hugs her and cries. He didn't die. Your son's just an idiot. He then walks up to us and Reagan walks up and hugs him.

" Good luck in there Adam." Reagan smiles.

Talia just gives him the cold shoulder.

" Can you please talk to me? Either one of you?" Adam asks.

His parents turn around and look at us.

" You guys are creating a scene. Just hug him. He has to go." Reagan scowls.

She already has her mom voice. I'm startled by it but I obey her. I walk up to Adam and hug him.

" Look I'm-" Adam says.

" Save it." I snap.

Adam walks over to Talia. Talia just looks at him and breaks down. Adam sheds a few tears and looks in her eyes.

" I love you so much." Talia cries.

" I love you more." Adam cries.

" Time's up 7091." The officer screams.

" I love you all." Adam says.

" Love you too." Reagan mumbles.

The officer puts him back in his handcuffs and sends Adam on his way. We walk out of the court house and get into the car.

" Adam didn't get to meet his twin." Reagan says.

I just scoff and let her and the boys in the car.