Fourteen

Talia's POV

I pass by the hospital from my way back from the party supply store and I find myself tuning into the parking lot. I walk inside and go to the front desk.

" Uh hi. I'm Talia Roberts. We've probably met before. Anyways I'm looking for Donna Jacks." I say.

She nods then turns at her computer and gives me a sad look.

" She passed away last night. I am completely sorry for your loss." She says.

" Oh I'm cool. I was just seeing if she needed to be crossed off the list for her daughter's baby shower." I say.

" Alright." She says awkwardly.

" Imma go. Okay? Nice talking to you." I say.

" Bye." She says.

I walk out of the hospital and sit in my car. I just cry on the steering wheel. I can't explain why I'm crying but I feel horrible for Reagan even though she won't admit it. She's very upset too. I'm just upset that her mom will never get to see Reagan walk down the aisle or get to meet her grandsons. This is hurting me more than it should. I wipe my tears and start my car. I drive home.

Orion's POV

I'm searching Jared's with Adam for the perfect engagement ring. I'm proposing to Reagan at the baby shower. Only her dad and now Adam knows.

" Need any help, fellas?" asks a 50 year old man who probably owns 10 islands and 10 boats for each island.

" Yes I am trying to find the perfect engagement ring for my girlfriend." I say.

" Do you have any idea what you're looking for?" He asks.

" Something flashy and bold but something sweet and meaningful that she cherish until she sees her wedding ring." I say.

" Perfect description. I do have a few rings like that. Follow me." He smiles.

He speed walks over to the section of the store while me and Adam try to keep up with him. We finally see beautiful rings then I look at one and figure out that's the one. I smile at it and the man catches on.

" You like that one?" He asks.

I nod my head.

" Alright. I will get someone to come get it for you." He says.

" Bro are you crying?" Adam asks.

" Shut up." I say wiping away a stray tear.

" Congrats man." Adam smiles.

He returns with the ring and I look at it and it's beautiful.

" The price is-" The man says.

" Don't tell me the price. I love it. I'm buying it." I say.

I purchase the ring and walk out of the store with Adam

I purchase the ring and walk out of the store with Adam. We get in my car and go home.