Eighteen

I bought car seats and diaper bags for the boys. I'm so excited to use these. Orion puts everything in my car. I give him a kiss on the cheek.

" Okay off to lunch with the lawyer." I say.

" Love you." Orion says.

" Love you." I say.

I get into my car and drive to Panera. I get to Panera and search for the lawyer. I find him. I smile and run to the bathroom leaving him confused. I get into a stall. I probably should not have gotten a large icee. My phone starts ringing. It's Talia.

" Hello?" I say.

" I know this sounds insensitive but your mom was a lowkey millionaire." Talia says.

" And I've touched the end of a rainbow." I chuckle.

" But I'm serious. You know how your mom was an interior designer?" Talia asks.

I just stay silent.

" Of course you knew that. That was your mom. Turns out she's designed Tess Founder's living room and Violet Bentley's beach house in Miami." Talia says.

My eyes widen.

" Yeah and the Founder family was devastated when she passed away because Tess wanted her to design Faith's room or Evan's man cave or something so your mom has mad money." Talia says.

" You're joking. She knows the Founders and she's been inside their house?" I ask.

" Yeah and Tess just tweeted saying she's going to her favorite interior designer daughter's gender reveal." Talia says.

" Shut up! You're lying!" I scream in this public bathroom.

" No lies here." Talia says.

I scream in the bathroom.

" Okay. This is awesome. Is she bringing anyone?" I ask.

" I don't know. Let me ask her." Talia says sarcastically.

" I'm deleting your number. Goodbye." I say.

I hang up and walk out of the stall and see a lady staring at me.

" Tess Founder's coming to my gender reveal." I scoff.

I wash my hands and try to walk out as normal as possible but I want to scream. I can't stop smiling. I sit down with the lawyer and shake his hand.

" Hi I'm Reagan Grant." I say.

" Uh nice to finally meet you. For a second, I thought you just screamed in bathrooms." He jokes.

I chuckle with embarrassment. Great first impression Reagan.

" Okay so if you could just sign here then we can go about our merry ways." He says.

I read the whole thing before even thinking about signing it.

" She left me the house and all 5 of her cars?" I ask.

" Yeah that mustang is nice too." He says.

I take a deep breath before signing above the dotted line.

" Okay everything that was once your mother's is now yours." He says.

" Thank you." I smile.

" No problem." He smiles.

I leave the restaurant, get into my car and scream about Tess Founder for the millionth time.