Eight

I get ready to go look at the apartment. I put on a over sized sweater, some leggings and some uggs. I put my hair in the messiest bun ever and walk downstairs with everyone else.

" Are you finally ready, slow poke?" Talia asks.

" This baby is getting heavy." I say.

Orion grabs my hand and we walk out of the house. Talia locks the door and meet us at her car. We all pile in and drive over to the apartment complex.

" Babe, what if I was wrong about this place?" I panic.

" Baby, this place is perfect." Orion smiles.

" Okay, are you sure?" I ask.

" Yes. We went on the website after you went to bed." Adam says.

I chuckle. We pull into the parking lot and it's super nice. We all walk into the manager's office. A lady looks up at us then looks down at a list.

" Talia Roberts?" She asks.

" That's me." Talia smiles.

" You are interested in buying Apartment 47 on the E wing?" She asks.

" Yes we are." Talia smiles.

" Okay your tour guide will be here in a second." She smiles.

" Thank you." Talia smiles.

" Mmhmm." She says.

Her eyes return to the computer screen that they were once on. A tall lean guy appears into the office.

" Hi my name is Dylan and I will be your tour guide today." He smiles.

We all greet him.

" Follow me." Dylan says.

We all follow him out of the office and onto a golf cart.

" On the right, we have the teen, adult, toddler and infant pools." Dylan says.

" We always have a lifeguard on deck and the pool is open 24 hours." Dylan says.

We move more along the tour.

***

This place is absolutely amazing but a bit excessive. The apartment was extremely big. 4 bedroom apartment? We walk back into the office. The lady looks up at us. We all sit down.

" So when you like to move in?' She asks.

" Now." Talia and the boys say.

My head snaps into their direction. Did they just say today? How? We have no moving truck. We have no furniture. They spoke too soon. I just look down and shake my head.

" Seriously?" She smiles.

They all nod. What are they doing? They're not even thinking any of this through. Hello?

" Are you sure? Right now? Today?" She asks.

" Yes." They all say.

She reaches into a drawer and pulls out a key chain with multiple keys on them.  Now what is the lady doing selling us an apartment the day of? Oh my God there has to be somewhere wrong with this place. Did someone die here? Burn down a place? What? This is all moving too fast.

" This is your house key, pool key, second pool key, your office key, your dog park key, your third pool key, your second house key and finally your storage key." She smiles.

I turn to the lady and tilt my head.

" People lose their pool keys a lot." She chuckles.

" Anyways have a good move." She smiles.

She basically pushes us out of her office and locks the door. Okay there's something wrong here. This is a leasing office, you don't lock the door people need to get in. We all stand outside Talia's car. It's silent for a moment as if they're realizing what they just did. Adam swings the keychain around his finger.

" What is wrong with you guys?" I ask breaking the silence.

Everyone looks at me shocked.

" You guys just purchased an apartment with no moving truck or even furniture to put inside the moving van. Oh My God! Did anyone even sign anything in there?" I ask.

Their eyes widen. Orion jogs back up to the door. He comes back after a few seconds.

" The door is locked." Orion says.

" Duh." I say.

" Was anyone in there?" Talia asks.

" Yeah. They just closed the blinds." Orion says.

" You guys they have our money and you guys didn't even sign anything to say the apartment is ours." I say.

I begin to pace.

" Quit pacing. I'll fix this." Adam says.

" How are you going to fix this?" Talia asks.

Adam just runs off to the door. I hear banging. And we all run over there. The lady opens the door and hands Adam a piece of paper.

" What does it say?" Orion asks.

" No refunds." Adam groans.

" Isn't this a crime?" I ask.

" How could this a crime?" Talia asks.

She's right. This isn't a crime. This is an act of pure stupidity.

" She sold us something and said no refunds." Orion says.

My phone vibrates and it's Gary asking where I'm at.

" Well I still have to come into work today. Y'all deal with this mess. Move in. Don't. Whatever." I say.

" I'll take you to work." Talia says.

I'm nervous about letting these 3 do whatever while I'm at work. What if they do something else stupid? Plus they have to find a moving van and furniture. I let out a sigh of frustration.

" Are you sure?" I ask.

" I don't want you carrying heavy items." Orion says.

" So we're moving in here?" I ask.

" We have nowhere else to go. She has most of the money so money's tight at the moment." Talia says nervously.

" I'm trusting you 3 to do this. Don't disappoint me okay?" I ask.

" Yes Mom now get in the car before you're extra late." Talia says.

I roll my eyes and get in the passenger seat.