Four

I feel really confident going into this. I walk up to the doorstep with Orion. I knock on the door. I meet eyes with my mother and fear enters my body. My mom's eyes switch from me to Orion.

" Come inside guys." She says flatly.

We walk inside and Kendall appears from behind us. My mom takes a glance at Kendall and her daughter.

" Why is she here?" Mom screams.

I immediately jump at her screaming. I thought that the screaming would occur later.

" Wow Mom, how mature. I'm still your daughter." Kendall says.

" No you're not!" Mom screams.

I wish she would stop screaming. I feel like I'm 10 years old again with my mother and sister always having screaming matches and I would always have to jump between when my mother would start to punch and kick Kendall around. Kendall always just made my mother's mood change so quickly. One day she's calling her her angel next day Kendall's a disappointment. I never got it. I guess that's part of the reason why Dad left.

" You may be my mom but you are not my mother!" Kendall screams.

Those words sting me as they come out of her mouth. Harper runs into my arms. I hug her.

" That's right! I hate you! Get out of my house!" Mom screams.

" Mom please stop." I mumble.

Orion's head snaps towards me and he begins to rub my back.

" You are the worst mother ever!" Kendall's voice cracks.

I look over at Kendall and tears are running down her face. God my mother can be evil sometimes.

" Like you aren't the worst daughter ever?!" Mom screams.

" Please stop." I mumble.

" Babe, it's okay." Orion says.

" No it's not, Orion." I say.

Kendall yanks Harper out of my arms and puts her in front of her.

" Here's your granddaughter! That you never bothered to see! Her name is Harper! She loves the color teal and she loves horses. She's starting horseback lessons next week! She only sees one set of grandparents every Christmas and Thanksgiving. You are the worst grandmother ever." Kendall cries.

The room goes quiet. I stare hard at the ground.

" I'm pregnant." I mumble.

" What?" Mom asks.

I don't say anything.

" What?!" Mom screams.

I flinch at her screaming and close my eyes and wish I was anywhere but here. I wish I was with my dad and sister camping in Yosemite again staring up at the stars and just having an amazing family time.

" Is this low life the sperm donor?" Mom asks snapping me out of the daydream.

" Don't call him that." I mumble.

She slaps me across the face. I gasp. My right side of my face stings. Orion practically lunges at my mother but Kendall holds him back.

" She's still a lady, Orion. Even though she's not acting like one." Kendall says.

" All of you get out of my house!" Mom screams.

We all walk out the house. Harper's crying. Kendall wipes her eyes and picks up her daughter who is perfectly capable of walking on her own.

" You never have to see her again." Kendall smiles.

Kendall puts her down and kneels down to her level. Harper smiles with tears still running down her face. They walk hand and hand down the driveway.

" Kendall!" I blurt out.

She turns around. I run to her and hug her. I cry in her shoulder.

" I'm so glad you thought to come to me." Kendall says.

She lets go of me but holds both of my hands.

" Now, go make something great out of this. I'm counting on you." Kendall smiles.

She walks over to her car, puts her daughter in, gets in and drives off. I turn towards Talia's car and get in. Everyone turns around and looks at me then smiles.

" What?" I ask.

" We're so proud of you." Talia says.

" I have nowhere to go." I say.

They all smile and look at each other.

" Not really the reaction I was hoping for but okay." I sniffle.

They just continue smiling.