Chapter Fifty Six

So after a discussion with my bestest friend in the whole world.... I have decided that this book is coming to an end...

I KNOW! This is shocking news. But there will be a second book that I've already started writing so don't worry. 

LOVE YOU ALL! xx

____

Chapter Fifty Six

The sound of our forks clicking against our plates rings in my ear as my parents and I eat our breakfast. We are sitting together, just like breakfast back at home. I've missed this...

My family and I make idle conversation as we munch on our pancakes and eggs. Of course I asked my father about his speedos and he gave me the same answer he always gives me, "I like my speedos, they're comfortale and stylish." And I tell him the same thing over and oer again. "They aren't stylish dad."

I check the time and realize that I need to leave.

"Mom, dad, I promised Cleo that I would be there by eleven and its ten thirty." I say standing up from my seat.

"Send her my love!" My mother tells me as I leave.

This morning I woke up at two so that I could start practicing and finish just in time to meet my parents for breakfast then to go to the facility they are holding Sara-Beth.No one knows I am going, and I don't think I am planning on telling anyone. At least not yet. There are some things I rather not talk about.

The taxi ride takes about ten minutes but when I arrive at the big grey, daunting facility the dark clouds on top of me threaten to explode. Just like in the movies right?

I hesitate before I enter the building, not sure if I really want to go through with this.

Maybe I should turn around. Agent was nuts, maybe Sara-Beth is too and was just really good at masking her crazyness.

Taking a deep breath I take a step into the building, the moment I do the clouds burst and a clap of thunder makes everyone jump.

Detective Bigsby is waiting in the front for me and begins to talk as we walk to his office.

"Thank you so much for coming out here." The Detective says to me. 

I stay silent and let him say what needs to be said.

"Keep your jacket on, I am going to put a microphone under it so that she doesn't see it and here is an ear piece so I can talk to you and tell you what to ask her." He hooks me up with all the gizmos and talks as he does it, "Right now Sara-Beth is calm and seems to be behaving. We will be watching you guys on the moniters which is where the microphone that I will be using to keep in contact with you is. If anything gets out of hand there are people outside the room ready to control the situation."

I nod and they send me in to a room with no windows, just grey drab walls similar to the color of the bricks that make up this facility. Sara-Beth is sitting on one side of the table, that is situated in the middle of the room, with her hands cuffed.

She looks so different. She's pale, and her hair looks stringy; I guess missing her tanning appointments and not having hair products really effects her.

"Hi Sara-Beth." I sit down across from my orange jumpsuit dressed high school nemisis.

Orange is really not her color.

"They send you in here? Have they gone that low?" Sara-Beth crosses her arms and slouches back in her seat.

"I've come on my own." I lie to her. No point in saying they are trying to squeeze information out of her. 

"Try to get her comfortable with you." Detective Bigsby's voice fills my head.

Does he know my old relationthip with Sara-Beth? 

"Ask her about prison life." He adds.

"How have you been Sara-Beth? I mean being in this place must be hard." 

"Its better then what you see on T.V thats for sure."

We both laugh and she uncrosses her arms, sitting upright. 

"Why are they even keeping you here." I ask her.

"You mean the cops haven't told you?"

"Well I only know what I heard the cops say when they arrested you and Agent."

Sara-Beth cocks her head as if she was asking who Agent was.

"Keep up the good work." the detective goads me to continue.

"The man you are supposedly working with." I explain to her.

All of the sudden Sara-Beth gets extremely angry and pushes the table into my stomach, getting up from her chair.

"I am innocent Erin. Bullying people in high school is one thing but assisting in a murder? Thats crazy." She screams at me.

Officers run in to contain her as I shout back, "Maybe thats because you are a  crazy, bitch. You tried to ruin my life, you tried to hurt my friends, and now yours is going to hell where you deserve to rot in."

Someone takes me out of there as she screams. "FUCK YOU TORRO!"

I lean my forehead against the wall and close my eyes, a few tears managing to escape from them.

Running out of the facility, I call a cab so I can see Cleo.

I can vent to her.

****

"Hey Cleo." I hug my friend who is sitting in bed with magazines.

"Hi Erin. How have you been?" She beams at me.

"Honestly, I've been shit." I tell her, "I was kinda hoping I could vent to you."

"Of course! Please do, I've been missing you guys. Whats the deets?"

"First you have to promise not to judge."

"On my honor."

I start from the beginning at the bonfire and tell her about Louis, and Sara-Beth. I don't leave out any details because I need to let this out. I tell her how Terrie is MIA and I'm really worried. Not stopping there I talk about how bummed I am that my sister isn't here. Our fight shouldn't stop her from coming with her family to L.A. I use this oppurtunity to let anything and everything that has been running through my mind these past few weeks. 

Like a good friend she sits there and listens, not inturrupting me once.

"Woah." Is all she says

"Woah?" I question.

"If that was everything, then yes 'woah'. That is a lot to be running through your head." She tells me.

I pick up one of the magazines she has next to her and flip through pages, not actually reading what's on them.

"It is a lot... But my diary helps. I think I am going to buy you one. Maybe it will help you get through this."

"Maybe but we aren't talk about me or my condition now, we are talking about you. What I really want to talk to you about is Louis."

"I would asume so..." I stop fiddling around with the magazines and look at Cleo face to face.

"I know I'm younger then you and have less experience with these things, and I'm not here to judge but what you are doing is wrong. That I can tell you." She starts.

"I know it is bu-"

"No." She stops me from talking, "Just listen. What you are doing is wrong, but I understand that its difficult for you to hurt Liam. He is your boyfriend and you do actually care for him. Its obvious. But Louis seems to be who you care for in that way if you know what I mean. But by staying with Liam and being with Louis you are leading them both on and will end up hurting them both. If you don't talk to Liam and break it off then this will all blow up in your face."

"But how? How can I tell Liam that I love him but not like that! I don't want to ruin Liam and me, I don't want him to hate me."

"I think that is something you need to figure out on your own."