Chapter 30

•Zoës POV•

"Have you seen Ashton?" I asked Calum, who was getting some snacks off the table. He shook his head.

"It could've been someone else, but I thought I saw him going towards the track" Calum fully answered me this time, still choosing what else to get.

"Ok thanks" I said before quickly pushing through the sweaty dancing bodies. And out to the track. I walked to the tennis court. Behind there was a brick wall where people would practice. As I walked over to it I saw Ashton casually puffing out smoke.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Getting fresh air" He replied, smiling at me.

"You're killing yourself Irwin" He blew out another puff of smoke. Clearly he didn't care. And it bothered me.

"Its relaxing in a way, try it" He put the cigarette in front of my face.

"No thank you" I shoved his hand away. He tried to act professional but from time to time he kept choking on the smoke. It was also suffocating me, it didn't feel "relaxing", it felt deadly. I wanted to tell Aston to stop or something like that but I didn't want to sound demanding and controlling.

"Don't worry Zoe this is my one and only time" He laughed, he stepped on it and it burned out.

"You promise?" I raised my eyebrow. He laughed pulling me into a hug. The smoke was really strong on his shirt. But I'm guessing he meant yes. We rocked side-to-side, before we both pulled away. Heading towards the track. The moon was the only light being provided, you could still hear the faint sound of the music playing inside the gym.

"Are you mad at Chloe?" I ask him.

"Why?"

"Just wondering" I shrugged. We were halfway toward the track, hopefully it would get cooler soon. Because I can't deal with the hot weather.

"She did say some pretty hurtful things, but she's also drunk and she's letting the liquor do all the talking. Either way she still feels that way so I guess I don't know" He chuckled.

"You began to sound so intellectual and I thought you were going somewhere good" I playfully nudged him.

"Are you mad at her?" He returned the question.

"Yeah" I answered looking down at my feet. I was pretty sensitive and and seemed like lately everyone was calling me a whore, which was pretty hurtful because I don't know yet what I did to deserve it. At first part of me thought that it was just jealousy, but when Chloe said it I began to question it. Did I really come off as a whore?

I mean, some shirts I had showed some cleavage but not a lot, like that's how the shirts were and I couldn't help it. It did sound whorish, but I don't mean it to. And I desperately wished people would understand. I wondered if she was talking about me while I was gone. I wondered if she talked about me at all, to anyone.

"Did Chloe say something about me to you?" I asked Ashton.

"Yeah she said you've been acting like whore lately" He told me,

Ouch

Why did she have to wait to get drunk just to tell me, "anything else?"

He struggled to get some words out, I didn't know if he was thinking about what she said, it what he wanted to say, "no, no she didn't"

I nodded. I wondered if he was lying , and I wished that I wasn't this way. I wish I didn't care what people thought about me, but it was just the way I was I couldn't help it no matter how hard I tried I couldn't help it. The track was shortly coming to an end, I mentally debated with myself, if I should ask to continue or not. I decided not to ask anything. Hopefully the "party" got better.

"You can smell the smoke from a mile away, Ashton" I told him, as we approached the door that led you back inside to the gymnasium.

"So..." his voice trailed off.

"I'm just saying"

"They can't do anything about it don't worry" He chuckled. In a quick second he grabbed my forearm, and pulled me into a hug. Resting his chin on top of my head. I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't know what to say. He kissed my lips before he pulled the door open for both of us to go in.

He just...

Oh god he did...

The music was still louder then ever. seventy-five percent of the kids in here were either drunk or high. The teachers had probably left to go back into their old rooms and finish some cleaning. On my right there was about three or four couples making out. Chloe wasn't anywhere in sight and neither was Calum. And I was still stressing over about what Ashton did. We hugged, but not a lot, and his lips have never been anywhere near my face.

When I looked over to where he should've been standing he was gone. I must of looked stupid just standing there and my eyes wandering around the room. But then again everyone was too busy to notice what anyone else was doing.

I moved through the crowd not waning to pass by the couples that were practically swallowing each other. As I made my way through everyone dancing pushed and shoved me around. They probably didn't notice they were doing that either. Once I was out. I thought I saw Calum but my eyes had fooled me. I started to feel alone, usually I would have one of them by my side now I don't have none. It was terrible and I was empty because I really didn't have any other friends. It was that feeling I've heard about, bit never experienced it until now.

I made my way to the empty tables, tonight wasn't the night I had expected it to be. All I wanted was to look cute and dance and then go back up the hill. But I don't know where anyone is and I doubt Ashton is coming back to find me. And Calum is probably with him. Chloe obviously wasn't gonna come look for me to hang out unless she was gonna start saying shit once again.

I didn't understand why I was so stressed out, I could make friends right here right now, and if they didn't like me screw them, they don't have to see me anymore anyway. I sat up in my seat. Observing the room for someone possibly hang out with.

With my luck I didn't find anyone, so I continued to sit there. Looking like a loner. But it didn't matter because no one was looking at me. I slid my finger across the screen of my phone. And began playing 'Colour-Mania' to preoccupy myself.