Chapter 3

We all met outside and walked to my car. This time Zoë sat next to me and Chloe and Calum in the back.

I place my phone in the cup holder. I pulled out of the schools parking lot and started home. Halfway there my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number.

As I began to reach for it, Zoë slapped my hand and grabbed it. She answered it.

"Hello?" She spoke.

•ZOËS POV•

"Zoë" Ashton whined for his phone.

"Hey Ashton?" The voice answered on the other line.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Carol from science" she answered.

"Oh hey Carol" I said, my voice sounded all cheery but my face was filled with disgust.

"Zoë?" Carols voice unlike mine was filled with disgust, and you could literally feel her frowning.

"Yep it's me"

"Zoë give me back my phone" Ashton demanded, annoyance filled his voice.

"Is Ashton there?" She wondered

"Yeah, but he's busy" I replied.

"Doing what?"

"I don't know driving"

"Zoë I swear to god" Ashton said, his voice more stern.

"Grow up Zoë" Carol said, her voice still filled with disgust.

"What's the point" I replied.

I gave the phone back to Ashton, I was getting annoyed with Carol.

She had been jealous of my friendship with Ashton and she tried for us to hate each other at some points in life. But some friendships are to difficult to break. Some are meant to last long and some aren't. I liked to believe that my and Ashton's was one that lasted long.

Sometimes I felt like every-time I got a boyfriend we would grow further apart. But he also had his fair share of girlfriends. He sounded a little annoyed with Carol. Which tended to happen with pretty much anyone that talk to her.

We got out of the car and headed into Ashton's home. He was still talking to Carol, and it made me wonder what was so interesting. A wave of jealousy went through my body.

I couldn't believe I was actually jealous of Carol? Jealous that someone was socially interacting with Ashton.

We stood outside in the front porch while we waited for Ashton to hurry up and find his keys. Which apparently he was to busy on the phone to thoroughly check his pockets.

"Oops left them in the car" he announced turning back towards the car.

We all groaned.

"Are you serious?! I gotta fucking pee" I said, I was a little impatient with him today, right now.

"Your house is right next door go" he said shooing me away. I scoffed at him as I turned around and skipped to my house. I managed to get the door opened quickly. I ran into the guest bathroom.

After I washed my hands, and fixed my now, messy hair I decided what was the point of going back if he's probably still on the phone. I headed towards the kitchen to find a snack.

I grabbed the Pringles container from the cupboard and took a seat on the kitchen counter. I reached for my phone and dialled my moms number just to pass the time.

"Hi mommy" I smiled as she answered.

"Hey sweetie what's up?"

"Just eating" I sighed.

"Are you alone?" She asked.

"Well yeah... I'm supposed to be at Ashton's but..." My voice trailed off.

"But what?" You could hear the background noise it was really loud and everyone was walking by fast.

"He was to busy to open the door and I needed to pee so I ran over here" I said, trying not to out too much detail into it.

"I see... Oh sweetie I gotta go, talk to you later" she sounded rushed.

"Oh ok will you be-" I tried to say it quick but she had hung up quickly.

I hopped off the counter and placed the container back where it belonged. I set the alarm before exiting the house. They were all inside by the looks of it. I made my way back. I rang the doorbell and just waited there.

"Zoë?! What a lovely surprised." Carol answered the door. It wasn't a surprise she got there so quick, she lived so close yet so far.

"Oh hey" I said trying to be nice.

"Come in" she gave me this smile. You know that type of smile that makes you just wanna slap someone right then and there.

I stepped in the house, Chloe, Calum, and Ashton were siting in a circle on the floor. Carol was holding an empty bottle in her hand.

"Just in time for spin the bottle" she smiled.

"Great" I whispered. I sat down across from Chloe. You could tell in her eyes she was miserable.

I was next to Ashton. Surely I was mad that he had invited Carol.

Carol placed the bottle on the floor. She took a spin. I watched as it went from really fast and slowed down like choosing who was a victim.

It landed on me.

"Well um" she coughed "lets not do it like... It's different gender..." She said uneasy.

I felt my face get hot. Both with anger and embarrassment. Because I knew she was gonna pick the person next to me. Ashton. I looked over at Ashton his eyes widened.

"Come on Ashton" she had a devilish smile plastered on her devilish face.

They went into the hallway for 'privacy'.

"Who invited her" I whisper-screamed.

"Ashton..." Calum whispered.

"Why?!?"

They both shrugged. I was a raging bitch inside but tried to keep it calm on the outside.

"Don't have a bitch fit Zoë" Chloe laughed. My eyes turned a darker shade of brown almost black when I got mad. It was weird but it seemed like it. I breathed in and out slowly.

Once they were back I pulled Ashton over into the kitchen to talk. I smiled at him. He looked scared but enjoying it at the same time.

"Why?" I simply asked.

"Because, I didn't think you'd be back" he answered.

"Are you serious?! of course I was coming back I needed to pee!" I tried not to scream.

"It's not my fault you guys hate each other" he laughed.

I looked on the floor "it kinda is" I muttered.

"What?! It's my fault?! How is it my fault"

"It's complicated ok" I closed my eyes.

"How?! I didn't do anything can't you just deal with her for one night"

"I can't and you damn well know that"

"How can you not. But I can deal with every boyfriend that walks in through your door" I watched the words slip out of his mouth.

I opened my mouth to say something. Ashton's brain finally caught up with his words.

"Zoë I didn't-" he began.

"Didn't mean to call me a whore, yeah well that's your problem now" I shook my head as I turned away.

"Zoë wait" I tried to ignore his voice. Calum and Chloe were looking back and forth at us.

I ran out of the house. My eyes stinged, they had turned blurry water covering my vision. That was one of the most hurtful things that had ever come out if his mouth. My head hurt so much.

Two fights with two boys in one day what a record, I thought. Tears slowly fell from my eyes. I got back to my empty home. Quickly running upstairs to my room.

Ten minutes had passed. I had calmed my tears. I opened my window, letting the cool fresh night air in. The sun was slowly setting behind the houses. I grabbed my phone and dialled Dominoes number. I order enough pizza for myself. And hopefully for some to be left over for tomorrow.

Lana Del Rey blasted from my speakers as I turned them on. I was practically screaming the lyrics. There was a short moment of silence as the song switched, that was when I heard loud pounding coming from down stairs. I quickly turned the music off and ran downstairs. I flung the door open to find Calum looking down at his feet.

"Hey?" I was surprised he was the one to turn up at my door. I would've rather had the pizza guy. Mainly because I didn't want to talk to anyone about it.

"Hi, I just wanted to see if you were ok" he said.

"Well I'm fine" I gave him a small smile. For a moment we both just stood there, silence filled the streets, my house, and us.

"What happened to Chloe, why didn't she come?" I wondered.

"They're playing truth-or-dare and it didn't feel like playing so..." He explained. I nodded.

The pizza delivery guy pulled up on my driveway. Both of our attention turned to him.

"You ordered pizza?" Calum laughed.

"Yeah, you want some?" I politely asked.

"Sure" he shrugged coming inside and making himself comfortable on my couch.

I paid the guy. And sat the boxes on the coffee table.

"I might only be able to stick around for one" he said taking one out of the box.

We both ate quietly. As he finished his slice. He took another one for the short walk back. Once he left I carried the box up stairs to try and finish up myself.

I turned on my TV and started watching "Bones".

"Zoë" I heard a voice call. I jumped a little.

I looked over to the open window. It was Ashton.

I groaned walking over to the window. Our windows were facing each other since the house were technically twin houses. I used to live on the other side and my older sister here. We traded rooms for me and Ashton to he able to contact each other, when we were grounded or to lazy to walk over. My older sister was fine with that since she was gonna go to collage soon anyway.

He sighed "I'm sorry I didn't-" he began. My head hurt way to much to hear what he had to say. I slammed the window. He screamed my name over and over. I felt a little bad. I opened the window back up and gave him a chance.

"Are you gonna let me talk?" He asked.

"Maybe." I said, as I walked over to the bed grabbing another slice of pizza, "go on"

"I didn't mean to I- why did you get so upset. When you called Brock the same thing in the morning?" He asked. I didn't really think about it that way.

"Because...."I thought for a while,"it just slipped"

"The words slipped from my mouth too" he said.

"True" I whispered. I bit my lip.

"I guess I could forgive you" I smiled. He smiled back. I loved his smile. When his dimples showed. It was perfect.

______________________________________________

Authors Note:

I was up all night writing this and all this morning hoped you guys liked it even though this chapter was a bit stupid.