Chapter 13

Why was I jealous of Carol? Why was I laughing so much? Was it because it hurt to see them together, and the laughter just helped. I had laughed before on various occasions when I was hurt. Like the time me and my Aunt Jean went to New York and got lost, we had barely any money on us so our only option was to walk back to the hotel. My feet hurt so much, along the way I started laughing. Maybe I laughed to ease the pain?

But did I really feel pain towards Carol and Ashton dancing? No way! I don't know what I felt. Jealously? I saw Ashton everyday I lived right beside him, I couldn't be jealous.

Chloe came back with a bottle of cold water. She handed it to me. I could only hold it, I didn't bother to open it. I let the cold run through my body. Leaving my hand red red when I let the bottle go. Ashton came towards us, finally getting away from Carols grip.

"Are you ok?" He asked, sitting across from me.

"Of course, what makes you think I'm not?" I managed to reply.

"Well it was strange, you were laughing your ass of back there" he said, barely looking at me.

"It was funny" I said, attempting to open the water bottle.

But it was no use. Ashton took the bottle from my hand and opened it, handing it back to me.

I took a sip, letting the ice cold water run down my throat. Leaving my cheeks cold.

"So you're fine?"

"Yeah, I am" I smiled. But was I?

Carol was now slow dancing with Brock. She looked at me multiple times. Was she trying to get me mad?

Obviously she was. Maybe she thought seeing her with Brock would hurt. I mentally laughed, oh Jesus she was stupid. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. In front of us a couple was making out, almost swallowing each other. Watching them made me wonder if they liked each other. And if they felt happy near she other. Or they were just drunk and desperate.

I haven't been happy with a person in a long time, not counting Ashton, Chloe, and Calum. I wanted to feel really happy with a person, and I wanted them to feel the same. But it was impossible to find someone sweet, and funny. And someone who would be there for me and I could be there for them.

'Jesus I sound desperate', I thought. I did. And it sucked.

We had been here for two hours, and there was two hours left. To be honest I thought prom would be more exciting, but all we had done was dance. I would've actually enjoyed being Prom Queen, if the king wasn't my ex boyfriend.

When we were younger, I remember hearing Chloe and her parents fight about her going to prom. They said that at the end their date would probably want them to do things. Meaning they wanna have sex. I think they have calmed themselves from that thought, unless they actually think she'd fuck Calum.

To make my night more exciting, I guess I would. But with who? Ashton?

That'd be too weird. I shuddered at the idea.

"Zoë did you even hear a word I said?" Ashton laughed waving his hand in front of my face. Pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No, sorry" I laughed, taking a sip from the water bottle.

"I said; we should go if you don't want to be here anymore. Which I'm totally fine if you want to leave"

"I actually want to stay" I said, surprising both of us. My feet ached, the room got hotter each second, and I was so hungry that I could throw up. But I wanted to see what would be the actual excitement in my night.