Chapter 23

Ashton's POV

The whole debate on "friends" replayed in my head. Everyone but Zoë knew what we were talking about.

Apparently that whole conversation wasn't enough, that the universe had to bring Luke. I was mad at everything for Luke. If only we didnt have to wait in line for the lockers, if only we didn't go to the water-park all together this wouldn't be occurring right now.

They came back empty handed from the kitchen. If they had their only little make-out session while they were there I would flip.

What'd she like some much about Luke anyway?

Was it the tattoos or piercings?

Whatever it was, it was something I didn't obtain to make me attractive in her eyes.

Deep down inside I knew she didn't fine me attractive because I was her friend.

I wish I wasn't her friend sometimes. I wish we had never met as children so then maybe I'd have a chance. But what if she still didn't find me attractive? I would be longing to be close to her somehow.

And that's where being her friend was a bonus.

I like seeing Zoë happy, I really do.But jealousies a bitch. I was such a girl when it came to this.

I tried to focus on the show, but knowing Zoë and Luke were behind me sitting together in one if those "couple-y positions" made me sick. And furious.

Furious at the fact that it wasn't me.

"Robin and Ted were my least favourite couple" I heard Zoë say.

Of course they were.

"Why?" Calum asked, not taking his eyes off the tv screen.

"Because, they only work as friends, at least to me they did" She replied.

"Her and Barney were friends too though, did you like them?" Chloe said.

"Yeah I did, but her and Ted were in a different level then her and Barney" Zoë explained to her.

Basically what I got from this was Zoë didn't think friends should date each other. Liking your best friend is a really big no-no.

If she only knew...

The part I didn't understand the most is how she's acting like she's known Luke for fucking 3 years. Shes known him for like three days, and she's already doing... god knows what with him.

And that was something better left untold.

***

It was dark outside and we had done nothing but sit on the floor and couch doing nothing. Occasionally someone would bring up their opinion on whatever we were watching, causing this whole debate to go on until we all decided to shut the fuck up.

We were now in the starting the first Percy Jackson movie.

"Mmm Logan Lerman though" Chloe said once he appeared on the screen.

"Is that the only reason you actually like this movie?" Calum turned around and laughed.

"Would it be bad if I said yes" she laughed with him.

"Hey um" Luke coughed awkwardly, "do you guys wanna go out and get something to eat?"

"Oh my god yes I'm starving!" Chloe was the first to answer.

Calum responded with a nod, leaving only me left to answer.

"Sure why not" I muttered.

"Do you want to take different cars or.."

"Lets take different cars" Calum took the words right out of my mouth.

I think we all already knew how we were gonna ride.

Me, Calum, and Chloe in my car. Then Luke and Zoë in Luke's car.

We made our way to my car. Chloe sat in the back while Calum rode in the front as I drove.

"Where are we gonna eat?" I asked, following Luke's car.

"I'll ask Zoë" she pulled her phone out and pressed it up against her ear.

"You know Ashton instead of being moopy Molly when Luke's around or gets mentioned. You should try being happy for Zoë, it looks like she really likes him and he likes her" Calum sid quietly to me.

"Ew I don't like Panda Express" Chloe talked into the phone.

"It's not just so much Luke, its how she can't even look at me without seeing something more"

"Is she supposed to? you can't just look at someone and fall in love with them right at that minute. When we go to collage you're gonna meet someone else, and you're gonna regret just focusing on Zoë for so long" He said.

"But I can't do anything else but focus on her. I love her a lot, and weren't you on my side at the beginning you both were and now what?" I was a little hurt, at the beginning they were all in for me liking Zoë and now they could care less.

Hell they probably wish I would stop liking her.

But really they don't wish it, they really do.

"I just want you to be happy mate, and just worrying about Zoë isn't gonna help"

"I know but I'm already in too deep I can't just make these feelings go away." I told him.

____________________________________________________