Chapter 25

To my luck we get done before their food even arrives. I ask for a cup to take my almost untouched milkshake.

"Should we all pay for our own or?" Calum asked.

"I'll pay for me and Zoës you find a way to pay for your own" he chuckles, and I'm the only one to laugh back.

"No, this morning you said-" he's already placed the money on the tray.

"Luke!" I say, and it almost come out as a whine.

"Next time?" He says, which causes Ashton to choke on his milkshake. At least that's why I think.

"Sorry I drank too much" he says.

I laugh, and nod at Luke suggestion. The thought of a next time scares and excites me. We get up to leave. The summer air hits us and it feels nice. I wait for Luke as he holds the door open to the familiar couple.

"Shit" I mutter and look away.

"Oh my gosh Zoë how are you?!" She slurred.

"Fine..." My voice trialled off.

"See you've found some new guy" Brock stood partially behind Carol.

They might've noticed how Luke absentmindedly snaked his arms around my waist, so Brock snaked his around Carols, pretending he didn't notice Luke's move. When she noticed why he had done that, she snuggled into him.

"So does he push people into doors too?" A devilish smile grew on Carols face.

"Carol" Brock gritted his teeth. Tightening his arm around her. She wiggled out of his arm to keep him from getting any tighter.

"Do you like, I dont know, the 'badass' type" she made quotation marks with her fingers as she said that, "Or do you change it up every week?"

"He's not my boyfriend" My jaw clenched up, and I pinched the styrofoam cup in my hands. Luke awkwardly took his arm off from around my waist pretending to scratch his arm. He didn't place it back, which gave it away to me.

Me and my clumsy mouth.

"What did she mean by 'pushing people into garage doors'?" Luke asked me.

Shit.

"Oh she's already keeping secrets, tsk tsk tsk" Carol shook her head in a fake disapproving manner, "lying isn't good in a relationship"

"Surely you should know that"

Carol scoffed.

"We should get going" I told Luke.

Not even bothering to say bye to them, we both left and headed to Luke's car.

"You never answered me" Luke said as we pulled out of the parking lot. I explained to him the whole thing. He was speechless.

It was silent for a while but Luke finally spoke up, "why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I don't think it's something I should tell everyone, it wasn't thank big a deal anyway" I shrugged hoping he couldn't continue.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked, as he pulled into my driveway.

"I'm actually really busy" He said. Once I felt my feet touch the driveway I made my way towards my door. I rang the door bell and leaned against the wall, waiting for someone to come open it.

"Zoe you forgot your phone" Luke called to me. He ran out of the car and towards me.

"Thanks" I reach for my phone, when we touch I feel ignited. He slowly moves closer till it feels like there is no space left.

Our lips meet and the door flings open. A rough hand grabs my arm and pulls me inside.

When my brain finally processes what happened I see Luke standing awkwardly at the doorway.

"Goodnight sir and Zoe" Luke rubs the back of his neck before turning and heading to his car. I am fuming and mortified all at the same time.

I turn to my dad, who is trying to keep a straight face. I make my way to the kitchen where my mom is leaning against the counter and scrolling through her phone.

"Mother"

"Zoe"

It all feels extremely weird but I don't know what to say.

"Sit down young lady" my dad demands as I reach for a cup out of the cupboard. I think twice before actually listening to him.

"This boy... Man..." His voice trails off.

"Luke" I say, "that's his name"

"Whatever his name is, we don't want you near him. He doesn't seen like a good person to be around" My mom says folding her arms across her chest.

"You don't even know him I" I begin rubbing my temples.

"It doesn't matter, you saw him?" My dad looks at my mom, and she nods,"He's a bad example and we forbid you from seeing him"

And that ladies and gentlemen was my dads attempt at being strict.

"Forbid me? This isn't the medieval times dad" I half laugh.

"I don't care Zoe you're not getting it, we don't want you seeing this boy, do I make myself clear"

"Sure" I nod, before heading to my room. Ignoring anything else that came out of their mouth.

If they like him or not I don't care. I'm gonna see him anyways. I mean its not like we were dating, I don't understand that. And the worst part is my dad doesn't even know him, neither does my mom! They haven't even heard him say a full sentence! Why were they so quick to judge?