Chapter 41

.Zoe's POV.

My eyes lazily opened. I felt like I had to rush and get up and get ready but I remembered I was on summer break. Light snoring came from the right of me and I saw Ashton, looking uncomfortable, as he managed to lay in my chair.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. I knew he had stayed to take care of me he was the sweetest. I checked my phone to see if anyone had texted me.

My feet touched the cold floor as I made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth.

My phone vibrated as I brushed my hair. I picked up it to see the screen a little better. It was the reminder I put on making sure I went to that bookstore on the other side of town. When I went back to the room to get some clothe Ashton was still sleeping. I slid on a pair of jeans a t-shirt and a hoodie over it.

I can't believe he forgot about Bianca and took me out instead to make sure I forgot the horrible memories of last night. I know he'll be happy when he see his planned work. It was such a great feeling knowing these two boys care so much about me to forget either their date or their girlfriends. Calum had forgotten Karla just to get me home and Ashton forgot about Bianca just so he could help me clear my mind. I grabbed Ashton's phone which laid on the window sill and looked through his contacts when I found Bianca's number I copied it down onto my phone. I hoped my call would work and she'd forgive him because not only is she really pretty but it looks like they'd be great together. And he really needs some other girl in his life that isn't his friend, but his girlfriend. I go downstairs and to the back porch. I took a seat down on one of the chairs. The phone rang a few times before she finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Bianca?" I asked, hoping she was the one to pick up.

"Yes it is, who is this?"

"This is Zoë, Ashton's friend" Hopefully she remembered who Ashton was. She probably did, I mean Ashton wasnt a person you could just forget about.

"Oh," was all she said.

"I was just calling to tell you that he's tremendously sorry, stuff came up and his mind was just filled" I said, it almost sounded like a lie but I didn't know what was going on in Ashton's head to make him forget,

"Why? what happened?" She asked.

"His friend got like hurt last night" I said, "not physically but he just wanted to take care of her"

She stayed silent, so I continued to talk, "but is it fine if you go out with him tonight?"

"Um" She said, I silently prayed she'd say sshe'll go with him, "Yeah, why not"

"Great, he'll pick you up at 8" I said, I knew he already had her address because the last time they called each other.

We both hung up and I went back inside to find Ashton eating some cereal.

"You're going out at 8" I told him placing my phone on the counter.

"What?" he said, still sounding sleepy.

"I called Bianca, you're going out tonight"

"You did?" He said, I thought I heard a bit of disappointment in his voice, but I didn't really know. I nodded in reply. He put the bowl in the sink, which reminded me I had to unload the dish washer. I had a very busy day today and I'll probably end up procrastinating for the most part of it.

***

Ashton left after his mom told him to pick up some groceries. Which gave me the perfect time to go to the bookstore and hope they still have an opening. I put different more casual looking clothe that would give off a good impression. But I didn't want to go too fancy because there was really no need, it was a small local bookstore not some fancy office place. I put some jeans that didn't have holes in them and my flats with a cute shirt that I had barely worn because I didn't really have anywhere to wear it to.