Chapter 11

Chloe's mom and dad were already here, sitting with Zoë's dad on the couch. After mine and Calum's mom got settled in along with the other parents Zoë's mom took some pictures of Calum and I.

"The girls will be down soon" she informed us. You could hear Chloe and Zoë's voice very faintly, from upstairs. Me and Calum took a seat in the kitchen.

"I'm really nervous" Calum finally spoke.

"I know I got like butterflies in my stomach" My hands were slightly shaking.

"MOM CAN YOU COME ZIP US UP PLEASE!" Zoë yelled from upstairs.

Mr.Hymore and Mr.King came towards the kitchen, grabbing two beers from the fridge.

"How are you boys?" Chloe's dad asked.

"Fine and you?" I replied.

"Good. Good. So Calum, if anything happens to Chloe tonight it's all in your hands, make sure she's safe and has a good time" Mr.King instructed Calum.

Calum quickly nodded, "yes sir"

"Same goes to you Ashton" Mr.Hymore said looking at me. I nodded. They both smiled at us before walking out. I tried to think of things that could go wrong, but nothing could come to mind.

"Boys come over here!" My mom called. Calum put in his phone into his pocket. We both got up an headed towards the living room. Me and Calum both stood awkwardly besides the couch.

"Oh honey you look beautiful!" Chloe's mom cried, as Chloe made her way down the stairs. Calum looked at her in awe. I nudged him and laughed.

"You look beautiful" Calum complemented her.

Chloe smiled at us, and stood next to Calum, they both took a seat on the couch behind me. I snapped away from looking at Chloe and Calum, and saw Zoë. Her brown hair was curled, and it cascaded past her shoulders slightly past her breast. She looked gorgeous.

"You're drooling Ashton" Chloe whispered. Her and Calum laughed as I shot them and icy glare.

"You look beautiful Zoë" I smiled.

"Thanks! You look good too" we stood there staring at each other for a while before Mrs.Hymore called us for pictures. We took group pictures and then just 2 people at once. The moms were tearing up a bit seeing their kids "growing up", and the dads acted coolly, trying to hide the tears seeing their little girls look like this.

I hugged my mom before we headed out. We said goodbye to our parents. Being the poor teenagers that we are we did go all out and get a limo so we were stuck rising in my car.

"We all look hot" Calum laughed from the backseat.

"Hell yeah!" Zoë agreed. I tried to keep my eyes on the road, but I found it distracting I wanted to take in everything. Afraid someone would take Zoë from me tonight.

When we reached the school grounds there was a limo parked at the very front. Out came the "cool kids". Brock and Carol came out last. We laughed as we saw Carol almost tripping and landing face first on the concrete.

We got out of the car and carefully made our way to the gym. Kids stood out and took some pictures before entering. Some hid in the shadows trying to find good ways to sneak the alcohol in.

At the entrance of the gym there were two teachers checking the girls bags and making sure no one had anything "inappropriate" with them. After the four of us got checked we awkwardly made our way to an empty table. The white cloth draped over the table and landed past my knees. Zoë grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed my hand. We stayed like that for a few minutes before she let go. The gym was beautifully decorated. The theme was 'One Starry night' at least that's what it said in the annoying little flyers hung up all around the school. Hanging from the ceiling were stars and a moon. The wall had decoration and it must of taken forever just to set the place up.

"Hey " A girl came towards our table and looked at Zoë. Zoë got up and they hugged each other.

"Hey Melissa" Zoë waved.

"How are you?" The girl, Melissa, asked.

"Fine"

"Have you seem Brock he has a black eye whoever gave it to him must of been pretty strong. Oh and they broke his nose two!" Melissa laughed. I coughed awkwardly covering my laughed. I gave him the black eye and broken nose.

I felt great.

"So who are you here with?" Melissa asked.

"Oh, I'm here with Ashton" Zoë smiled an pointed at me.

Melissa smiled, "he's cute" she whispered to Zoë, who laughed.

I waved at Melissa. After a while of both of them conversing. Melissa left leaving us back at the table. A group of girls shrieked as a song came on all of them ran toward the dance floor. Zoë grabbed my hand and we swiftly walked to the dance floor.

"Welcome seniors!" Mr.Biggs, the principal, welcomed us. Getting up on the stage they placed under the score board. The music got cut off as the man talked into the microphone.

"The school year has rapidly come to an end, and it's amazing to see how far you've all come. So, if you want to come to the graduation ceremony please stay on your best behavior. But most importantly have fun guys and don't ruin your last days of school, because if you mess up you'll be staying after school and over the summer in detention" he informed us.

He hopped off the stage and joined the few group of teachers that stood in the corner each of them having more fun then most the students here. The music continued and everyone danced.

"Wanna sit?" She asked me a couple songs later. I nodded. Calum and Chloe were nowhere to be found. Probably in the crowd of sweaty teens.

"I'll get us drinks" I said getting up and heading to the punch.

•ZOËS POV•

I shifted in my seat, trying to suck in my stomach. I had the horrible feeling my dress was gonna start to rip in front of everyone. It was a terrible idea to dance. I felt as if each move I made a thread ripped.

Earlier today, I tried on the dress. All I could focus on was my stomach and my arms. My thighs weren't visible and I was thankful for that. I sobbed into my pillow before heading to Ashton's and getting lunch. Hoping eating with him would clear my mind of things. It didn't.

I tried not to worry about it so much later today. I worried more about the bruises that were on my back and upper arm. Chloe made sure cover them with lots of makeup!

"Hey Zoë" Chelsea came up to me. I broke my gaze off the crowd of kids dancing and looked at her.

"Hi" I gave her a small smile.

She took a seat in the chair across from me, "I heard what happened between you and Brock."

"Who hasn't" I groaned.

"True, anyway, about the party I texted you you're still invited. Hope you can come!" She quickly got up and flashed a fake smile before leaving. I groaned. Ashton came back with two drinks in his hand.

He handed on to me, I quietly thanked him and drank some. I could easily tell someone had spiked the drink. The drink burned my throat. Ashton laughed and drank his, he acted coolly pretending nothing was affecting him.

Chloe and Calum came back, his arm draped around her waist. They both laughed as they sat down.

"The punch is great!" Chloe laughed.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

"What?" Calum looked at me.

"You both are drunk" I laughed.

"Very" Chloe said, before taking Ashton's drink and chugging it down.

Calum looked at Chloe and Chloe looked at Calum. Then both their lips were pressed on each others.

"Ok!" I yelled over the loud music looking away. Ashton looked at me.

"Go outside you two oh my fucking god!" Ashton laughed. Chloe giggled grabbing Calum hand and heading towards the door. I shook my head in amusement.

"Who knew they would like each other" I laughed.

"I know" he laughed, "what if they end up dating?"

"Oh god" I scrunched my nose, "would you date your friend?"

Ashton's eyes met mine, "it depended I guess" he shrugged.

"Would you?" He asked me.

"I don't think I would, I guess it depends"

He looked as if he wanted me to continue so I did, "like how good of friends we are"

"So if you were close to someone like we are you wouldn't?" He asked.

"Probably not" I answered.

He slumped back in his chair, "I'm gonna go get some air."

He went through the same door Chloe and Calum went through. Did I say something wrong?

•ASHTON'S POV•

I walked outside and the cold night breeze hit my face.

I felt like shit. I should've kept my mouth shut and not asked anymore questions. How could I be so stupid and believe she would actually like me? I laughed at myself.

I looked over to the side of the building where two kids leaned against the wall. They were both talking to each other. I squinted, it was Chloe and Calum. I walked over to them. I knew they would regret all this in the morning.

"Do you two even like each other like that?" I asked both of them.

Nope" Calum laughed.

"Then why did you-"

"Kiss Calum? I got desperate" Chloe said frowning, Calum laughed. He had a water bottle in his hands.

"And what did you think you'd accomplish with that?"

"Well, if it worked correctly we one of you was gonna start the conversation if friends dating friends..."Calum's voice trailed off.

"Well it worked and she doesn't want to date her friend" I said really pissed and hurt.

"Ashton we didn't mean t-" Chloe started.

"But it happened anyway! You both are so fucking nosy can't you stay out of this everything was going well today and then you guys had to do that! I knew I shouldn't have told you" I yelled. My blood boiled inside.

"Well maybe if you weren't so STUPID you could tell her how you feel! And maybe just maybe she would've felt the same" Chloe yelled back.

"Tell who how you feel?" Zoë appeared walking towards us.

"Great! Did you plan this part out too?!" I threw my hands up in the hair.

"What's wrong with him?" I heard Zoë say as I walked to the front of the school.

"He's pissed and being A DICK!" Chloe yelled loud enough for me to hear the last part. I sat down on the sidewalk. Breathing in and out slowly and counting to ten trying to calm myself down. But nothing worked. They knew I was gonna say something, they knew. I wanna to punch something or someone.

"Ashton?!" Zoë's familiar voice called out. I groaned and laid my feet straight in front of me. The moon shone on the black limo that was parked a few feet away from me.

"Ashton what's wrong?" Zoë sat next to me.

"Nothing ok" I snapped.

"Obviously there is" This was like what happened earlier.

"So your allowed to know what's wrong but I'm not" I raised my eyebrow at her.

She groaned, "you wanna know what was fucking wrong!? I'm too fucking fat! This dress is gonna rip everywhere at anytime! That's what's wrong!" She yelled. I suddenly felt guilty. Tears were about to fall from her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, and covered her face to keep them from falling. I wanted to comfort her, but I was afraid she was mad at me now.

"No you're her friend you should", I thought.

I pulled her into a hug, she rested the side of her head on my chest. Her ear really close to my heart. I was pretty sure she could feel the thumping grow louder each second.

"You're not fat you're perfect" I whispered.

She looked up at me disbelief filled her eyes, "I mean it"

She wiped the last of the tears that escaped her eyes, "it's your turn" she tried to laugh.

"I got angry at Chloe and Calum because they keep getting in my business and trying to tell me that this girl likes me when I know for a fact that she doesn't, and they try to set us up and tell me that they see the signs but its impossible because this girl will never like me back" I gave her a small smile.

"Who is this girl?" She asked.

I let out a long sigh. I had such few time to debate whether I should tell her the truth. So I decided to go with what seemed right.

______________________________________________

Authors Note:

So if you did not know I went on a road trip up north (USA) and I didn't have wifi so I decided to be nice and write a couple chapters so that's where all the updates are coming from.

I really hate to do this but if I could get 2-5 votes on this chapter and I'll post the next one. It because it takes really long for me to think of what's gonna happen next and try to make it a really good story (which I'm failing at miserably right now) for you guys.

Comment. Vote. Follow.

:)

-H xx