Chapter 14

Chloe hit Zoë first. But it didn't cause much impact. Zoë then shoved Chloe, causing Calum to wobble.

"We're going to lose cause of you Calum" She laughed. The pace of the game began to speed up. They were both attacking each other. Each of them shrieking from time to time. I tried to keep my balance but it was almost impossible. I gripped on tighter to Zoë, which was possibly the hardest thing.

Chloe grabbed on to Calum's hair. Dodging Zoë's attempts to push her. Chloe than grabbed onto Zoë's shoulders. Zoe does the same. They both laugh as they go back-and-forth trying to push each other off. Chloe is practically going over Calum's head failing to push Zoe off my shoulders. As Chloe got tired Zoe found it the perfect time to push Chloe with a lot of force.

She had sent Calum stumbling back into the water, with Chloe both of them making a huge splash. Zoe laughed as she hopped of my shoulders, clapping her hands. Calum rose up of the water first. Then Chloe followed gasping for breathe and wiping her face.

"Who's next?" Zoe asked, trying not to laugh.

"We could do boy against girl" I suggested, they had all agreed. Calum and Zoe went first.

"I'll go easy on you don't worry" Calum said with a cocky grin on his face.

"Oh please Calum" Zoe scoffed. They started almost immediately. It seemed as if Zoe was struggling at first. But had managed to wrap her legs around tight enough on Chloe so she wouldn't fall.

When we all thought she was about to fall off, she pushed Calum back digging her nails into his forearm. When he felt the pain he pulled back, falling off my shoulders.

"And Zoe wins again!" She said in her best sport announcer voice, grinning proudly to herself. I was up next. I hopped on Calum's shoulders as he regained his breathe.

"You ready?" I asked her, her hair was drying up at the loss of contact to the water. She nodded.

Our arms wrapped around each others, pushing back and forth. We both laughed knowing neither of us were getting anywhere. Her index finger nail dug into my forearm. Doing exactly what she did to Calum. I pretended to hide the pain. My grip on her arms tightened. We all figured she was going to win. But I wanted to prove her wrong, and see what she would do.

I guess my grip was too tight that when she pulled away she ended up falling over into the water. She didn't rise up for a few minutes. Calum gave me a high-five and when Zoe rose up from the water she smirked at me.

"How does it feel to lose?" I jokingly asked.

"Horrible" She pouted jokingly. We went back onto land as the water got colder, and laid on the grass. The stars looked beautiful tonight, this was probably a million times better than being at the dance. Which was finishing up by now.

"It looks like a painting, the sky, it doesn't look real at all" Zoe broke the comfortable silence we all had going.

"It really does" Calum agreed. All of us in awe at the beautiful starry night sky.

"Do you realize we are all in our underwear?" Chloe propped her self up on her elbows. staring into the darkness of the forest that surrounded us.

"Oh Jesus!" Zoe cried, siting up and bringing her knees up to her chest to attempt covering up.

"Oh don't worry Zoe, I don't mind" Calum gave her a sarcastic smile, followed by two slaps on the back of the head from both Zoe and Chloe. From the corner of her eye Chloe glanced at Calum's body. I couldn't help but quietly laugh to myself. Zoe rested her chin on top of her knees.

We sat in silence until Chloes mom called her. Asking where she was. We were dry enough so we went. Getting our uncomfortable clothe back on and into the car.

It was only about 11 and the streets were still busy. Most cars contained drunken teenagers. Most cars were also cops. Either driving or hiding in the shadows of the woods that surrounded the street. We dropped Calum off first his house the closest, then Chloe. And finally me and Zoe.

"Tonight was very fun" She said as we both got out of the car. We met in front of the car close to the garage door in my driveway.

"Yes very" I smiled. We stood in silence, she grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek. She looked at me, then suddenly her lips were pressed onto mine.