Chapter 29

Zoë insisted on getting me a drink, while Calum and Chloe were off dancing, or mingling, or whatever the fuck they do. I sat at the first table I found available. There was a lot to choose from since no one was actually sitting down. Once I sat down I saw Zoë carefully making her way to the table, she was carrying to cups of whatever the fuck was in there.

"Here" she said placing the cup in front of me. She sat down across from me.

"Is this punch?" I asked, laughing because it looked more like wine.

"I don't even know, I just grabbed them" She laughed.

"This music sucks" She slumped down in her seat.

"You suck" I retorted in a jokingly/childish way.

"You suck" She said back, throwing a small straw at my face. I took a sip of my drink and realized it was punch. I guessed the lighting made it look a lot different.

Calum slumped down in the seat next to me. Chloe wasn't around so I felt the need to ask why, and where she was.

"I don't know, she's with Trace" he answered.

Zoë perked up, and sat up in her seat,"The Trace?"

"Yeah that one you were talking to on the last day of school, before or after we left I don't remember" He told her.

"What were you talking about anyway?" I asked.

She sipped her drink ever so slowly, "He was wondering if I was going to Chelsea's party with anyone, because he wanted to go with me"

"Why?" Calum asked in disgust, remembering what happened when Trace had dumped her.

"Causes he's fucking desperate, I'm guessing no one else wanted to go with him" she began, "he probably thought I was gonna come running back like his other girlfriends have but nope." She finished popping the 'p'.

Fucking Trace. The amount of times a guy had tried that in Zoë is unbelievable. Why did everyone have to find her attractive? Why couldn't I just have her to myself?

The funny thing was she didn't know how many guys actually like and used to like her. If she heard the conversations that go on in the boys locker room about her she would for sure know what people thought about her. And maybe she would stop being so insecure. She's so damn insecure for no reason, she prefect, yet she won't realize.

The next song was better than the previous one. I knew this was one of Zoë's favorite songs. I practically gulped down the punch, knowing Zoë was about to make us go dance with her.

"Lets dance" she said on cue.

"Sure" I shrugged.

"Crap! Calum can you watch my phone for me" She asked him as she stood up. I noticed how short the shirt actually was. I bet she was trying to get out if her insecure little shell by wearing that. And she did look really hot so it was fine. But no when other guys were gonna be staring at both her breast and her stomach and her ass.

"You wish" He snorted, "I have a life too Zoë I want to dance" he said doing a little shimmy in his seat causing all of us to laugh.

"Ashton can you put this in your pocket?" she asked me. Jokingly pouting.

"This jeans are suffocating me adding a hard phone with a hard case won't help" I laughed.

"Whatever" She scoffed. I noticed her basically shoving her phone in her bra, I started to laugh, but she looked back and shot an icy glare towards me. We maneuvered through the sweaty bodies who have been dancing for god knows how long.