Chapter 22

We had said our goodbyes to everyone we knew. Zoë still hadn't cried and neither had me and Calum. Chloe was fine now. The teachers gathered around the bus ramp and waved to the leaving buses. Everyone raced to the other side of the bus and pulled down the windows just to wave bye.

Once we had gotten of the school grounds everyone took their seat back. The windows were still down letting the warm summer air in. The chatter grew louder and louder till you would have to scream everyone just to talk.

"So are me and Chloe getting off with you guys?" Calum asked me and Zoë.

"If you guys want" Zoë shrugged.

We didn't have anything exciting planned. I wasn't sure about Zoë if she was gonna got out with Luke or not. I really hope she didn't.

"Are you still gonna hang out with Luke?" Chloe asked.

Zoë shrugged in reply, "I don't know if he actually wants to"

"If you're not what do you his want to do?" Chloe asked us.

"Chill out and watch reruns of friends like we always do" Zoë teased.

Our stop finally came and we all got off. People yelled bye to all of us from the opened window.

•Zoe's POV•

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Chloe, Calum, and Ashton are all conversing about something I have no care for.

From Luke:

Hey are you out?

I know how this whole conversation is gonna go. The only thing I don't know is if he'll be able to come. I wish Ashton were ok with him coming. I wish I knew why he hated Luke.

I hated that I was the type of person that tried to please everyone. I was sometimes too nice that everyone would walk over me. I hated it.

But then the other half of me, could care less about what anyone thought. And then I came off as too mean.

I couldn't win either way.

To Luke:
Walking home as we speak.

I really liked Luke. But he probably thought I was some annoying little kid that was obsessed with him.

So why would he hang out with me, i thought. When I was finally pulled out of my thoughts I realised we were at our houses.

We decided on mine, which was were we normally hung out. And with them here I was surly gonna run out of food.

But if Luke did want to come over, I wouldn't have to ask for their permission cause its my house.

And Ashton let Carol over that time when he knew I hated her. So this made us even.

When we sat on the living room couch, Calum turned on the TV, and switched the channel to TBS where sure enough they were giving friends. Ashton and Chloe went to the kitchen to get snacks, them both knowing where everything was located in my kitchen.

"Who keeps texting you?" Calum asked, noticing my phone vibrating next to me on the couch. I gave him an innocent smile, but didn't answer him.

From Luke:
It's ok with your friends, and you if I come over right?

I love how he sounded nervous to come over. Hopefully he wasn't intimidated by us.

He was three/two years older then us. He had no reason to be.

To Luke:
Of course! When do you think you'll get here?

Of course it was fine with everyone, but my friends. So it was only fine with me.

Ashton on the floor along with Calum, and Chloe sat the very end of the couch.

"Ross is so annoying" Chloe groaned.

I laughed, "but he loves Rachel"

"Still, he marries everyone single person, but he loves Rachel, you gotta pick one either love her or stay friends with her" She said, her facial expression changed completely when she finished her sentence, as if she said something wrong. I noticed both Calum and Ashton shifted uncomfortably on the floor.

"But what if Rachel doesn't want to be with Ross?" Calum joined the conversation.

"But maybe deep down inside she loves Ross" Chloe replied back to him.

"But she's over here dating guys, how is there anymore space to love him" Ashton said.

"Maybe she does, but as a friend" I said.

I felt like they ignored my input into the conversation, but I couldn't be too sure.

"They'll end up together eventually" Chloe said. I for one haven't watched the last friend episodes so I wasn't sure.

"What if they don't?" Ashton asked her. Which was when I realised they weren't debating about friends, but something else. Something bigger but close to home.

But what?

My phone vibrated on my stomach.

From Luke:
I'm actually here, now

Oh god.

A couple minutes after the doorbell finally rang.

"Who could it possibly be?" Chloe groaned, obviously not wanting company at this time.

I ran to the door, and slowly opening it. Luke stood in front of me, wearing really tight jeans and a grey tank top.

I noticed he had a lip piercing. he must've put in it back in today, or got it done today.

It was odd that his tattoos were actually visible now then when he was shirtless.

I guess I wasn't noticing him shirtless but taking in his facial features.

I was going one body part at a time.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey" he smiled back.

"Are you sure your friends are ok?" he asked.

"I actually didn't ask them" I told him, "but who cares if they don't want you here it's my house and if they don't want you here then they can leave"

He laughed I moved aside to let him in.

"Nice house" He looked around at the decorations in the hallway. I led him to the living room. Three heads snap our direction.They looked surprised but not as much as I thought they would be. Calum whispered something to Chloe and he rolled her eyes.

Luke awkwardly waved at the three people in the living room.

"Come and sit" I told him.

We both sat. Chloe stayed in her side of the couch. And Ashton moved closer to Calum.

Maybe this was a bad idea after all. Luke absentmindedly but his arm around my shoulders. His touches quickly reminded me of the events that happened this morning.

I stiffened at bit.

Silence filled the room, but the voices coming from the TV. The show came back after a commercial break.

"I don't understand how he divorced twice he's so ugly" Chloe finally spoke up.

"I actually always wanted Joey and Rachel to date"Luke said, and it surprised all of us.

"What surprises me the most is how Phoebe had all this stuff happen yet she's fine" I said.

And with that, How I Met Your mother came on. Another show that will bring more debate about the actors.

"I fucking love his show" Luke said. I looked at him and laughed.

"You want something to drink or eat?" I asked Luke.

"What do you have?" He asked.

"I'm not sure" I laughed.

"I'll just come with you" He laughed. We both got up and headed to the kitchen.

I scanned the pantry. While Luke stood by the refrigerator. I felt his eyes on me.

"Let's see we have some pretzels, Pringles, Oreos, Cheez-its, cupca-" I felt his warm hands wrap around my arm. He pulled me to him. I was confused by his actions.

His lips crashed onto mine. His lip ring was cold on the corner of my mouth. I loved the feeling I got from kissing him it was like no other I had experienced before.

"I've been waiting to do that all day" he smiled.