Chapter Twenty Eight

Alice's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What is that annoying noise?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I opened my eyes to be blinded by light. I saw Jace, Alec, Ryder, and some girl standing in front of my bed.

"The nurse said that you would wake up soon..." Ryder exclaimed awkwardly. "You've been in a coma for a week."

"A week?" My voice cracked and I noticed how thirsty I was. Alec handed me a bottle of water. I chugged it and thanked him. "What happened after I passed out?" I asked them.

"We came in with a mini army of people with guns. The other guys shot up the place and took care of Frank's workers. So, the four of us and two other men went to the basement to find you." Alec began to explain. I was surprised to say the least. It's almost unbelievable. The girl began to talk. I still didn't know who she was.

"You were on the floor and blood was everywhere. I grab end the flame thrower and started melting the bars of the cell. Then, Frank came in with Leo and two other men. It all happened so fast..." She shuttered. Alec wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to comfort her. Wait, Alec has a girlfriend? Ryder continued the story.

"Frank told us about what happened in our past and it triggered something in all of us. Leo pushed me to the ground. I was um... caught off guard. Anyway, Jace ended up fighting Frank. Alec started attacking Leo. It got really nasty." Ryder continued, "I saw that Jace was getting pinned down by Frank and I attacked him. I stabbed him. Frank died after that. Alec ended up killing Leo."

"None of that matters though. You're out of there and you're alive. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't make it out of there." Jace angrily muttered the last part. He felt guilty.

"I'm not angry at any of you. You got me into that mess, but you also got me out. Let's be honest, you went fucking crazy to get me out. I appreciate that you didn't leave me for dead but if you boys go mouthing off to another gang leader about me, I'll kill you myself." I threatened and they all laughed like I was joking. When they realized that I wasn't smiling, everyone looked at the ground.

"I'm going to go light a smoke. I'll be right back." Alec walked out of the hospital room. The girl followed him out. They're cute together.

"Where's my family?" I asked Jace.

"They are fine. Ryder tracked them down in the yellow pages and called them. Your mom is on her way here with your brother. They should be here shortly." Jace informed me and looked at his phone to check the time.

"Thanks, when can I get out of here?" I questioned the boys curiously. I want to know when I'm better so I can get away from all of these sick people.

"If you're doing well, it's possible to be released in about a week. The doctor talked to us when he knew you were about to wake up." Jace explained. I nodded in understanding and looked down at my arm.

"HOLY SHIT! There is a needle in my arm! I'm dying! Jace, I'm not going to lie, I may not make it out of this. It just got really cold in here! Is anyone else seeing spots?" I freaked out and everything went black.

~*~

"Oh my baby!" I heard my mother's voice.