Chapter Twenty One

I hadn't said a word to the three boys. I couldn't trust them. How can I be so naive? I fell right into their trap.

Jace was completely passed out as we dropped my brother off at my house. I stayed in the car as I watched my mother cry at the sight of him. She hugged him as tears flowed down her face. Maybe I should go with them. I could hide with them and be safe.

"I think I should go with my family." I stated bluntly. I was very angry with them. They started all of this. If I had never met them, I would be normal and at home probably eating my weight in popcorn right now.

"What? That's crazy." Alec was completely surprised by my statement.

"How is that crazy? I want to be with my family. Let's face it, my brother is a wimp. He could never protect them." I looked Alec in the eyes. Ryder hasn't said much to me since we talked at Jack's house.

"If you protect them, who can protect you?" Alec questioned me.

"I'm not a little girl. I can protect them and myself. Don't doubt me. They are the only people I don't want to kill right now." I put my hand on the door handle.

"What? Why would you want to kill us?" Alec seemed truly confused.

"You got me into this mess. You have put my family in danger. If I had never met you, I wouldn't be in this mess." I spat at him. He looked down at his hands as if he had nothing to say. I opened the door and Ryder reached over me. He shut the door which I was not expecting. I looked over at him and his jaw was clenched.

"Don't leave." He commented. I raised an eyebrow. "You think you can protect yourself and I don't doubt it. In hand-to-hand combat you could kick their asses. You don't seem to realize that these people have guns, knives, and they have a gang of people who would die for them. I'm sorry Alice, I can't let you leave this car." Ryder had a blank face.

"You're crazy. Let go of the door." I crossed my arms.

"Please forgive me, Alice." He stepped on the gas and sped away from my house.

"Stop the fucking car right now Ryder!" I screamed at him. "I will jump out of this vehicle!"

"No you won't." He stated as if it were a fact. Damn it. He was right. Ryder was going too fast and if I jumped out of the car, I would most likely be in a hospital for six months or dead.

"Ryder, you need to calm down. Slow down a bit." Alec tried to reason with Ryder. That's it, he's gone off of the deep end.

"I cannot believe you! You are being so selfish!" I growled. "I couldn't even talk to my mom? What if I never see her again?"

"If you got out of the car we both know you weren't coming back." He retorted and went faster.

"What is with all of the fucking noise?" Jace held his head. He's going to have a fun hangover.

"Jace, tell Ryder to drive me to my house." I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"Ryder, why are you driving so fast. Why does she want to go home?" He asked in a tired tone. His voice was raspy from sleeping. I'm not going to lie so I'll just say... Damn.

"If I let her go, she is going to leave us. We won't be able to protect her." Ryder explained himself to Jace.

"You want to leave?" Jace asked me.

"Can you blame me? I don't want to be here with people who put me in this situation. I want to be with my family but numb nuts over here," I pointed to Ryder. "won't let me leave. This is kidnap! I could call the police!" I threatened them.

"If you call the police, we are all screwed. Frank has police who work for him. They would kidnap you and I promise that you won't like what they do to you." Ryder exclaimed. He was almost going one hundred miles per hour.

"So getting us pulled over is going to help?!" I smacked his arm with annoyance. I would have punched him but I didn't want the car to crash.

"Calm down. I just need to get us all out of the state and I'll slow down." He rolled his eyes. Eyes on the road moron!

"Okay, I've been texting Percy and he's our way out of this mess. Alice, Percy is our friend who works with Frank. Don't worry though, Percy hates Frank for what he's done. Frank killed his whole family when Percy told someone about the gang. The person Percy told is dead along with his family." Alec tried to explain Percy's situation to me.

"How about you guys run off and be with Percy and I'll get back to my family before they leave?" I asked hopefully.

"You don't realize what this means do you?" He chuckled, "Percy can make this all of this disappear. For a long time, he's been planning something that none of us knew about. He just explained it to me. Percy is starting a war with Frank's gang."

"What? That's crazy. He's only one person. He's going to get himself killed. This is our way out? Great. Our best chance is going to be dead before sunrise." I crossed my arms. I didn't mean to come off so bitchy but I was still pissed about them ripping me away from my family.

"It's not only him. He's got a group of people who have been burned by Frank. They are going to pull something big. Frank still has more people but I think Percy has a chance. This could save your family and you."

"If you're telling the truth, I'll go with you and stop bitching to Ryder about going home. If you're lying and I find out, you'll all wish that Frank caught you." I threatened.

"Percy wants us all to meet up. He can keep us safe. We can come up with a plan." He finished. Alec read off an address to Ryder.

Here it goes. I hope Percy isn't lying to us.

A/N: Hey! You'll meet Percy in the next chapter.

What do you think about this chapter? I know it was a lot of Alice being pissy to Ryder but that's over now.

Imagine what would happen if she found out about the boys were betting on her for her affection. ;)

Please vote and comment if you like this book. ~Katyrules