Chapter Fifteen

Ryder's POV:

Jace is gone. What will I do without him? Who will yell at Alec when he's being stupid? He was like- no he was my brother.

I watched as his eyes closed. My sadness turned to anger.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled at Bain for shooting Jace. "He was your friend! You don't turn your back on your friends! He trusted you!" I screamed at him. Alec walked to Jace's limp body. He held the wound to stop the blood but Jace was already unconscious.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you little fuckers!" I yelled and grabbed my gun. I shot Bain in the head. I didn't stop there. I was so angry that I kept shooting him until he was a bloody mess.

"Okay! Stop!" Frank yelled. "Two men are dead here and this didn't have to happen. You could have just put your damn guns down! Now Bain and Jace are dead." Frank glared at me. I gave him a death stare back. If looks could kill he would be six feet under.

"You would've killed us either way." I spat at him.

"No, I wouldn't have. Now put the gun down. Jace wouldn't want you to die too." Frank replied.

"Do not tell me what Jace would want!" I screamed at him.

"Fine, Charles, get the gun." Frank crossed his arms. I expected him to charge at me but he just shot the gun out of my hand. Alec's gun was on the floor while he tried to stop Jace from bleeding out.

"Now what? Huh? Are you going to shoot me? Well do it!" I yelled. I was done with this bullshit. I'm not playing his games anymore.

"Who said anything about shooting you? I want to talk. I understand why you would want to kill me. Sadly, I cannot allow you to just walk out of here because if I let you do that, everyone would try to kill me." Frank laughed. I was confused where he was going with this.

"What do you want?" I asked him with pure anger.

"I want Alice." He replied. My heart stopped. How did he know who she was?

"What? Who is Alice?" I asked trying to sound clueless.

"Don't lie to me. I have been watching you three since Jace wanted to quit on me. Give me the girl and all will be as it once was." Frank commented. Why would he want her?

"It will never be as it once was." I growled referring to Jace.

"It can be close to it." He corrected himself. Jace wanted me to finish it and I will.

"No. She's an innocent. Leave her out of this." I didn't give in. He's bringing more people into this.

"No. If you won't give her to me, I'll kidnap her. I'll make her watch me kill you." He fought me.

"If that if your final offer than so be it. Do what you will with me." I was done with fighting him.

"Leave." He commanded me.

"What?" I asked him. He motioned for me to move. "Why are you letting us go? What is in it for you?" I asked him.

"Well both of you are unarmed, I just killed your friend so you're acting on emotions, and I enjoy a chase. I'll give you a head start. You can take Jace and try to save your precious Alice." He explained. I motioned for Alec to get up. He was right. We were unarmed and we needed to get Jace out of here.

Alec picked up Jace carefully. I walked to the door and held it open for Alec. Alec and I walked to the car and he put Jace in the backseat. Alec sat shotgun and I got into the drivers seat. I closed the door and started to car. We were both silent. I started driving down the highway.

"Fuck!" I yelled out and hit the steering wheel. "How could this happen?" I growled out.

"Calm d-" I cut Alec off.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down! Our best friend is lying in the backseat with a bullet hole through his stomach, our boss is out to kill us, and he wants to kidnap Alice! I will not calm down!" I snapped at Alec.

"Dude, I get it okay? We need to keep our heads on though. We can't act out of anger or we will screw up more than we already have. We need to think straight. Now, I'm going to call Alice's brother. We need to get her out of school and somewhere safe." Alec reasoned with me. I didn't reply and I just drove faster.

Alec picked up his phone and dialed a number. How did he have Alice's brother's number? That's just creepy.

"Hey. It's Alec, I need you to get Alice out of the school...Yes... I know. Just listen! She is in danger and if you don't do this, she will be hurt... Okay. Thanks." Alec hung up the phone. We both sat in silence.

Alec's phone rang and he answered it. It was Alice. I could hear her yelling at Alec. Alec handed me the phone. We talked for a bit and eventually Alice's brother convinced her to do as we say. I hung up and I heard something.

"Alec, stop breathing for a moment." I told him. He didn't question me but I could tell he was holding his breath. I held mine too. Someone is breathing. I looked through the the rear view mirror.

"Alec, check on Jace. Is he breathing?" I asked him. Alec got up immediately and crawled to the back seat. He checked Jace's pulse.

"Oh my god! He's alive!" Alec cried. A smile made its way to my face.

"We need to get him to a hospital." I announced.

"We can't, they'll ask how he got a bullet in his stomach. We can't explain that." Alec reminded me. Well shit.

"Okay, we will make up an excuse on the way but I am taking my best friend to a hospital." I stated and drove faster if that was possible.

Jace is alive, but for how long?

A/N: hey! I hope you like this chapter. Things are starting to pick up right? Will Jace be okay?

On a scale from one to ten how much do you hate Frank?

Vote and Comment! ~Katyrules