Chapter Sixteen

Ryder's POV:

I carried Jace into the hospital. I had to stay calm, but it was so hard. He's one of my best friends.

"Help! Help! Someone help!" I yelled. A nurse ran up to us.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?" She looked at Jace. "We need medics over here!" She yelled and a bunch of people crowded us.

"We were walking in an alleyway and someone shot him. Please help him." I begged the nurse. She nodded and a bunch of nurses put him on a stretcher.

"We will do all we can." She told me and ran with the stretcher. I let out a breath and sat in a waiting chair with Alec next to me.

Twelve hours later

Jace is still in the operating room. No one has given us any updates. Alec called Alice's brother and told him to take Alice to a friend's house and call with updates every hour so we know they are okay.

"Are you Ryder Ryans, the one who brought in Jace Payton?" A nurse walked up to me.

"Yes. I am." I replied and sat up straight in my chair.

"Would you like to see him?" She asked me.

"Yes, I would. Can he come too?" I stood up and motioned to Alec.

"Yes. You can only visit for a small amount of time. Try not to cause any disturbance. He's in room 475." She walked away. Alec stood up and we walked to the elevator. He was going to be okay.

We got to his room and I slowly opened the door. Jace was awake and eating a brownie.

"Oh hey guys! You should go to the cafeteria. They have really good brownies. Although, it could use whipped cream." Jace commented. I rolled my eyes. I was drop dead worried for the past twelve hours and he's just been up here, eating brownies.

"Shut up. How do you feel?" I asked him and sat in a chair by his bed.

"Eh, I've been better." He chuckled. Dumb ass. "What happened after I left?" He asked me with a sudden serious expression.

"Well, Frank let us go. We all thought you were dead. I killed Bain for you. Frank is after Alice. Frank is after us and he let us go because he likes the chase." I rambled on. Jace's mouth fell open.

"He's after Alice? Why does he want her?" Jace asked. He wasn't even worried about his life.

"It's fine. I called her brother and he's taking her someplace where Frank won't find her for now. He said that he's been watching us so that's how he found out about her. I don't know what he would do to her if he caught her and that's what worries me." Alec explained. He grabbed a cigarette out of his pocket. I hit him in the back of the head before he could light it. "What the fuck man?" Alec shot at me.

"It's a hospital you dumb ass." I replied, "Do you want to be kicked out of here?" I rolled my eyes and smacked him in the back of his head again just because he's an idiot.

"We have to help her. She isn't even involved in this. This is our fault. If she dies I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." Jace sat up and winced in pain.

"We are going to save her but you don't need to stress out. Get some rest. That's the only way to save her. You need your strength." I scolded him.

"Okay, first of all, you're not my mom. Second of all, when can I leave?" Jace asked.

"We don't know yet." Alec confirmed.

"I can answer that." A man's voice rang behind us. I turned around to see an older man in a white coat standing by the doorway. I don't think he heard anything. "You were successful through the surgery but we will have to keep you here for a few days just to make sure nothing goes wrong. The police will be here in three hours to get your statement." He read off of the clipboard.

"Thanks Doctor." We watched him leave. I turned to Jace.

"I don't think that we can call up Frank and tell him that we need this whole thing delayed, can we?" Jace suggested. I smacked him in the back of the head.

"I see where you get your stupidity, Alec." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, well if we can't do that, I'll just have to check out early." Jace shrugged but winced in pain.

"Not a good idea. If you think that you can handle it though..." I sighed in defeat. We needed to get out of here. The police were coming and we can't have any suspicions. We should stay for two more hours and leave.

Alice's POV (Thirteen hours earlier):

"Okay! Alec called me. You're in danger. I need to get you somewhere safe. Please trust me." My brother explained to me. Danger?

"What kind of danger?" I asked him. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't exactly one hundred percent know." He said. Really? Danny is an idiot.

"Maybe this is a prank. Ever think of that?" I suggested and he had a look of realization cross his face.

"Well I guess that's possible." He was deep in thought. Suddenly his phone rang. He picked it up and I grabbed it from him. I looked at the caller I.D. and saw it was Alec's number.

"Okay, I'm not in the mood to put up with you Alec so give Jace the phone." I growled into the phone.

"He's-he's um, unavailable at the moment." Alec stuttered.

"Then give Ryder the phone." I countered.

"Why don't you want to talk to me? I thought what we had was special."

"Shut the fuck up. Give Ryder the phone." I growled in annoyance. I don't have any patience right now. I can't miss classes. Especially because of these dumbasses.

"Hey sweet cheeks, can you hand the phone to Danny?" Ryder's voice rang. Sweet cheeks?

"Never call me that again or I'm going to cut off your balls and force feed them to you." I threatened him. "Now tell me what is going on."

"Feisty looks good on you. It's too much to say over the phone. Can you meet us at our place?" He asked me. The hospital.

"No, explain now." I spat. I am not joking. If this is a prank, I am going to kill all of them.

"Just come and I can explain everything. I need to know you're okay." His voice lowered at the last part. He almost seemed... vulnerable.

"Fine, but the moment I get there you better tell me everything starting from the beginning." I replied and hung up the phone.

"What did he say?" Danny asked me.

"We have to meet them at their place." I replied and we both walked to the car. All three of them are dead boys when I get to there.

~*~

Okay, first, I get to their house and you will never guess what happens. They send me away! They called my brother and told him to take me to a friend's house! I mean, how rude can you get?

Of course, I don't have many friends so my brother took me to his friend's house.

A/N: hey!

JACE IS OKAY! You may virtually hug me now.

The cast list is official.

Jace Payton- Taylor Lautner

Ryder Ryans- Josh Hutcherson

Alec Darcy- young Leonardo DiCaprio

Alice Avery- Nina Dobrev

Frank- Kevin Spacey

Danny Avery- Austin Butler

Please comment and vote. I love to hear opinions. Thanks! ~Katyrules