Chapter Ten

Alice's POV:

I had no more classes with Ryder, Alec, or Jace! Yay! I walked to my locker and opened it. I grabbed my bag and shut it. Not much longer until I get my skateboard back. One more day. Will I survive? Probably not.

I walked home with my earbuds blasting out Nickleback music. I opened my door and set down my bag.

"I'm home! I'll be in my room!" I screamed and walked upstairs. When I got in my room I literally collapsed onto my bed. "Why me?" I asked myself. "What did I do to deserve this?" I sighed and looked at my ceiling. I was lost in thought. I heard something hit my window. I stood up. It's probably Jace. Should I do something?

I walked to my window to find Ryder. Huh? Why is Ryder in Jace's room? He had a whiteboard in his hands. He started to write. What the heck is happening? If he has something say he could open his window.

He showed me the whiteboard and on it was his messy handwriting. 'Hey, want to come to a party with me?' was written in black marker. I grabbed a piece of paper and decided to play along.

I wrote, 'Is the Ryder Ryans asking me out on a date?' I wrote and showed it to him. I could see him smile. Not smirk, but smile. He had a nice smile, I wish he would show it more.

He showed me what he wrote. 'This isn't a date. You're just coming with me as a friend. I would never take a girl to a party as a date. We could go for pizza before if you want to though.' I was shocked. Ryder was being cliché! He's never like that.

'We are not friends and parties aren't really my thing.' I showed him my writing. I could see him frown. No smile damn it! I'm going to feel bad!

'Please? One night. From nine to twelve at night, we hang out. It doesn't have to be a date.' He showed me the writing. My jaw dropped. Who is this guy and what happened to Ryder?

'What do I get out of it?' I wrote back. I guess I didn't want to let him down right away and a night out sounded cool. I've been stuck in a house for awhile.

'I'll leave you alone for a whole week if you hate me by the end of the night.' He wrote down. I smiled. I hate him already and a week without Ruder sounded amazing at the moment.

"Fine but no parties and don't piss me off." I opened the window and yelled it this time. I knew he could hear me because he smirked. Great. The Devil's pervy son is back.

"See you tonight at nine." He opened his window. Wait, tonight? Before I got a chance to answer the window was slammed shut. What did I just do? Why couldn't I just say no? What has happened to me?

I sighed in frustration and walked to my bed. I grabbed my phone and saw it was eight o'clock. I put down my phone and the second I did that, it buzzed. I looked at it and I had a text from Cleo. How did she get my number?

Hey Ali, I stole your phone while you weren't looking. Haha -BossAssBitch (Cleo)

I laughed at the contact name she gave herself. She is truly something else.

Hey Cleo, nice name. What's up? -Alice

I got a text right away. She must have been waiting for a reply.

I just wanted to talk about the project. Is it done?

Oh crap.

I quickly sent a message that said I had to go. I ran over to Alec's front door because sadly, I couldn't contact him through a window. I knocked on it repeatedly.

"Hello there sweetheart." Alec smirked and leaned against the door. "A bit early are we?" He asked. Why did I have to do a project with him? He let out a puff of smoke from his cigarette and I cringed. I decided not to make a comment.

"Look, I'm really sorry but plans came up. I have to be somewhere tonight. Could we finish it tomorrow?" I asked him. I may not be a nerd but my mother will never give me back my skateboard if I have bad grades.

"What plans are worth ditching me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

"If you must know, Ryder asked me out. So we are going somewhere as friends." I crossed my arms and his eyes widened for a second.

"Interesting, yeah, we can do the project tomorrow but I'll have to kill Ryder." He shrugged.

"What? Why?" I asked him confused. Why would he kill one of his best friends for a school assignment? Yes, I know he's exaggerating but still, it's odd.

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you tomorrow and you better not make anymore plans." He said and slammed the door. What just happened?

Alec's POV:

"Ryder Ryans! Get your lady-stealing ass down here now!" I screamed. Why does Ryder think he can steal what's mine?

"What the hell bro?" Ryder walked down the stairs with a burrito in his hands.

"Alice, you made plans with her tonight!" I glared at Ryder. He can be an ass when he wants to be.

"Yeah, she's pretty hot. I thought I would take her out for a test drive. I like when girls play hard to get. What's it to you?" Ryder snapped at me. He's such a pig. I took a puff from my cigarette because they usually calm me down.

"Can't you see I'm working on her right now?" I replied calmly.

"What? No, Alice is mine." Jace walked into the room and fought. Really? The one girl I actually want and I have to fight my two best friends for her?

"Look, I call dibs." Ryder shrugged and took a bite of his burrito.

"That's not fair!" Jace whined. It's funny how everyone thinks he's so tough. He acts like a child around us.

"No, she's mine. I want her. I won't fight you two for her." I shrugged.

"She is going out with me tonight which means she's practically mine." Ryder replied with a smirk. Dumbass.

"Nope." Jace replied.

"Yeah." Ryder growled back. That went on for a few minutes and finally I was done.

"Stop! This is nonsense. I can't give up our friendship for a girl. If you two are willing to screw up our business and our friendship then say it now. You can be removed immediately." I yelled. They both seemed taken back.

"I don't want that." Jace mumbled.

"Me neither." Ryder looked at his shoes.

"Then we settle this like men. Whoever gets her to say 'I love you' first without implying that you want her to say it, wins. We don't fight and she can't know about the deal. I don't want her getting hurt."

A/N: what do you think? Sorry it is a day late. I had writers block. But the plot is really coming together.

What do you think about the boy's deal?

How will it end? Who will win Alice?

VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPPY! ~Katyrules