Chapter Fourteen

Jace's POV:

We got to the hideout and I was beyond nervous. We knew Frank would be inside.

"You guys ready?" Ryder asked us. I nodded and so did Alec. We all got out of the car. This is not going to turn out well. We are so stupid. I knocked on the door a few times.

"Who is it?" A gruff voice asked.

"Mr. Hatter." I said my code name. It sounds stupid but the police are everywhere.

"Come on in Jace." The deep voice laughed. The door opened and Bain stood there. He was about six foot five and quite intimidating. Good thing he's my friend. I would not want to be on his bad side. He was a bodyguard. Frank had a bunch of them.

"Hey Bain." Alec fist bumped Bain.

"What do you boys need?" Bain asked us. I thought of an excuse.

"We need more stuff for our clients." I lied through my teeth to one of my good friends.

"Oh, Frank is in the back." He pointed to the lounge room. I nodded and the three of us walked to the lounge room. He was playing pool. His slick black hair was a mess.

"Hello boys. I'm surprised you would visit anytime soon from what I just talked to Jace about." Frank looked at us.

"Yes, well we agree with you." Ryder stated and walked closer to Frank.

"I'm glad to hear that." Frank patted him on the back. Careful Ryder...

"Ryder, come here. I have the number that we need to give Frank." I hinted Ryder to get away from Frank. It was too dangerous.

"Oh, yes." Ryder walked up to me. I put my hand on my gun. Time to mess shit up.

"Now." I said and all three of us pulled out our guns. We all pointed them at Frank. He smirked. Oh no.

"You really thought you could kill me?" He laughed. This cannot be good. "Bain! Charles!" He yelled. Two of his bodyguards walked in and looked at us. They pulled out their guns and aimed at us.

"Tell us when to shoot, Boss." Charles commented.

"Do we really need blood shed to end this boys?"He chuckled and walked closer to us.

"We want out. If this is the only way, than so be it." Alec announced and put his finger on the trigger.

"Okay, I'm going to tell you what is going to happen if you pull that trigger. Charles and Bain are going to shoot you all. You wouldn't even make it out of the building." He crossed his arms. Cocky bastard. Sadly, he had a point. We should've thought this through.

"Now, what do you think is the right choice here? I'll give you two options. Shoot and die or put your guns down and we can settle this." Frank shrugged as if it made no difference to him. He didn't even value his own life.

"How can we settle this? You'll never let us out of this." I asked him.

"I can compromise. Just put the guns down." He commanded us.

"Maybe we should put them down. I don't want to take the chance of dying." Alec spoke to me.

"No. He never goes with his deals. We die no matter what. The guns are our only way out of here." Ryder glared at Frank.

"If you try to leave before I allow you to, you will die. The only way out is to put the guns on the floor." Frank told us.

"We are never going to make a deal with you. You're a worthless piece of shit you know that? You've hurt so many people." Ryder barked at Frank.

"Boys, I'm not the one who came to assassinate someone here. I am a business man. We all need to calm down before we do something we will regret. This about your choices." He calmly replied back. He seemed like he's been in a situation like this before.

"Guys, I'm not dying for this." Alec stated and looked me in the eye.

"Living is much better? We are slaves to this man. We do everything he says or we die. Eventually we won't be of use to him and he will kill us. What's the point in living if we have to do it like this?" I questioned Alec. He seemed to be at a loss for words. He knew I was right. It's been this way for far too long.

"Jace is right. This man is a killer. We would have to live in fear which is no way to live." Ryder agreed with me. Okay this is it.

"Okay." Alec agreed. I put both hands on my gun and prepared to shoot.

Bang!

I heard a gunshot. Who shot? I fell to the floor. Oh crap.

"Jace!" Ryder ran to me. "No, no,no!" He repeated as if this was all a dream that he wanted to wake up from.

"It's okay, Ryder." I breathed out. The pain was excruciating.

"No! You're not dying! We can't do this without you. You're one of my best friends. You are not quitting on me!" Ryder put pressure on my stomach. That's where I was shot.

"Sometimes, dying is the only way to spare another life being lost. I would be honored to die for a good cause. N-Never give up, Ryder. Watch over Alec. Don't let Frank g-get away with this." I stuttered. Black spots took over my vision.

This is it. I am welcoming death.

A/N: Sorry! Don't hate me! I love you!

I'm sorry it took so long to update. I've been busy but I love how much support I've been getting on this book. 12k Reads! I can't thank you guys enough!

Please comment and vote. ~Katyrules