Chapter Eighteen

Danny's POV:

It's four in the morning and both of them are sleeping. Alice ended up falling asleep on Jack's shoulder and I was about to wake them up but I took a picture instead so I have leverage whenever I need it. I walked down the stairs and turned on Jack's television in his living room. Netflix came on and I started watching some sort of police show.

Half way through the first episode, I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and reluctantly got up. I swung open the door to see something I wasn't expecting.

There they were. The three boys that we've been waiting all night for. I wouldn't started to rant about how we've waited but one glance at Jace stopped me from opening my mouth. He was hunched over with one hand on his stomach and another on Ryder's shoulder to help him keep his balance. I could see blood seeping through his shirt. What the hell happened here?

"Wh-Where's Alice?" Jace winced in pain as he spoke.

"Dude, you seemed fine at the hospital. Once we got into the car you started acting like you were a puppy that's been ran over, twice." Ryder looked back at his friend.

"Well Ryder, when you don't have a billion strong painkillers in your system, having a hole in your stomach hurts a bit. Wanna switch?!" Jace flipped on Ryder. Wait, a hole in his stomach? Oh shit.

"Um, maybe you guys shouldn't be here." I said nervously. All this time, I've forgot how bad these boys are. One of them has a hole in their stomach from obviously being shot or stabbed. I don't want them by my sister.

"You care about your sister, don't you?" Alec asked me. I nodded slightly. I didn't want to get these boys angry. "If you want her to see her eighteenth birthday, you need to let us inside." Alec said slowly. I was at a loss for words. What could I say? What if they were telling the truth? Alice is a pain in my ass but she's still my sister.

"She's upstairs with Jack." I muttered and let them in.

"Wait, who the fuck is Jack?" Ryder glared at me.

"I, um, he is my friend. This is his parent's house." I tried to explain.

"Where?" Jace barked at me. Damn. He's so scary.

"Upstairs. The door is open." I replied. All of the boys ran up the stairs except Jace of course. He just stood there and closed door. "Don't you want to go upstairs with your friends?" I asked him and played with my hands. Wait, I sound like a pussy.

"There's a bit of a complication." He chuckled softly and I laughed.

"I guess you're right. Want to watch Netflix in the living room and wait for my sister to stop yelling at your friends?" I asked him. For some reason, after he laughed, he seemed less frightening.

"Can I sit down if I do?" He questioned me. I nodded and he followed me to the living room. Jack was going to kill me for letting Jace get blood on his couch but whatever.

I sat down on the couch and put up the recliner. Jace sat by me and I could hear him take a sharp breath in because of the pain. After a minute he started talking.

"What are we watching?" He asked me. I clicked on the show Criminal Minds.

"Criminal minds. It's a police show with a bunch of serial killers. It's pretty cool." I replied and right after that, the yelling started.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I heard my sister's voice from upstairs.

"We are the crazy ones? You fell asleep on someone you just met!" Alec screamed. I paused the show, sighed, and turned to Jace.

"Should I go up there?" I asked him. He laughed and put an arm on my shoulder.

"I'm going to be honest, man, when you get up there, what will you do? I mean, everyone up there can kick your ass. I don't know Jack but he could probably kick your ass too." Jace smiled at the thought of me getting beat up. Wow, he has no faith in me.

"I'll have you know, I was the captain of the football team at my old school." I smirked.

"Well, let's figure this out. Your sister can obviously beat your ass so that isn't a question. Both my boys have switch blades on them. Alice was with Jack so that obviously means he isn't a girly shit." Jace explained the whole scenario to me. I rolled my eyes.

"I've decided not to ask about the switchblades." I clicked play on the remote and we watched Criminal Minds together.

Alice's POV:

"What the fuck?" I blinked a few times and looked around. I realized that I fell asleep on Jack's shoulder and I lifted my head, my movement woke him up. Before you suspect anything, nothing happened last night. We talked a bit more and I fell asleep.

"You okay?" Jack asked me and yawned.

"Yeah," I answered him and I heard someone clear their throat. I looked over to the doorway where Alec and Ryder stood awkwardly.

"Are you fucking crazy!?" I yelled with shock. Why are they here at this time? They have no right to be here. Especially this late.

"We are the crazy ones? You fell asleep on someone you just met!" Alec yelled. Why does he even care?

"Well, I fell asleep here because I was told that I was in 'danger' and that you would explain to me what the hell that meant as soon as you could." I commented sarcastically.

"That's a long story-" I cut Alec off.

"Oh I am not finished. So I left school early and went home with my brother. A bit later you called and told me that my house wasn't safe so as usual, I listened and left. I came to a house to meet a guy I've never met before," I turned to Jack. "no offense." He nodded with understanding. "Then, I was here for two hours and my exhausted brother fell asleep so I couldn't ask him to take me home. So, that's what I've been doing. What have you been up to? Staying in your house as you most likely laugh at how stupid I am for believing you dumbasses." I crossed my arms. They both looked at me with shock as I waited for a sad excuse.

"You know what? You think you've been through hell?" Ryder looked at me and for the first time, I saw anger in his eyes. It took the smirk off of my face straight away. "I watched my best friend get shot in the stomach in front of my own eyes. We believed he was dead! So I shot the man that shot Jace and after that very fun moment, I was told that the most dangerous man in the state, was after one of the other people in my life that I didn't think I would be able to live without." Ryder's voice cracked a few times. My heart broke at the sound of his words.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. Fear coursed through me. Jace is hurt? They all could have died. That was the moment that I realized, I do care about them.

A/N: Hey!
...I feel bad for Ryder.

Anyway! I just saw Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies! I did cry. But it was a non-girly cry...

I hope y'all are having a wonderful day! <3

Thanks for reading!

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter. ~Katyrules