Chapter Twenty Six

Alice's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes. What happened? I looked around and my memory came back. I suddenly wish it hadn't. I had never felt so helpless in my entire life. I've always been fierce and full of so much fight. I don't know how long I've been here but it feels like weeks. After Frank left me with Leo, he took a lighter to my legs. I looked down and saw nasty burns on different parts of my legs. He kept the lighter there for a while so some of the burns were third degree and numb.

I learned about burns in one of my health classes and I knew that a third degree burn can be infected very easily. There are many risks with a burn this bad but the good thing was that the numbness dulled out the pain in that area. The cuts on my stomach still hurt like a bitch though. I heard footsteps and my eyes closed again. If I pretend to be asleep, maybe they will leave.

"Wake up." Frank commanded me. I kept my eyes shut tight. He opened the door to the cell and it isn't like I could leave. He walked up to me and forced my eyes open. He lifted my head and looked my in the eyes. "When I tell you to do something, you do it." He glared at me. What the fuck happened him? He needs to get some sleep or take a Xanax. 

I glared at the man in front of me and spit on his suit. He got mad and backhanded me across the face. I winced in pain but the pain only fueled my anger. He grabbed my face and began to speak.

"So it seems like your little boy toys, are on there way here. I guess you'll have to go sooner than expected." Frank shrugged and that must be why he's so pissy. I just thought he was on his man period.

"They are going to kick the shit out of you." I coughed. I felt dizzy and tired all of a sudden. One of his people gave him a knife. How could I die when I've come so far? Frank plunged the knife into my stomach. He left it there and I fell to the ground. My breathing became ragged and my vision became blurry.

"I'd like to see them try." Frank spat and left the room. I watched as he walked away. Those boys better avenge me or I'm going to haunt their asses.

Jace's POV:

We were all driving to Frank's house. There has to be about fifteen to twenty vans but we led them. Percy had a nice red car which looked a lot different from the other vans. We pulled up to the gate at his house. Frank's house was in the middle of nowhere. I guess that made it easier for him to hide out.

Ryder put a silencer on his gun and shot the security system on the side of the gate. The gate was no longer locked so we drove right through it. We knew that Frank would be notified that the security was tampered with so we had to work fast. We had one other girl in the car with us. Alec invited her to come with us in the lead van. I didn't question it at all. I think her name is Harley.

"You guys ready?" She asked as she loaded her machine gun. No one was outside so I suspected that they were all protecting the house. Such a stupid move. We opened the doors for the cars and stepped out. Alec threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it to put it out.

"Yeah, let's kick some ass baby girl." Alec winked at Harley. Well that escalated quickly.

"Dont talk to me like that or I'll have to shoot you." She glared at him and he laughed as he turned to us.

"I think I'm in love!" He announced and I couldn't keep my laughter in. Why does he always pick the most stubborn girls? I guess I can't fight him on it though because of Alice but I loved her stubbornness. She wasn't afraid to tell you off or stand up for herself. You just can't find a girl like Alice these days.