Chapter Five

"Danny spit it out! It can't be that bad!" I yelled at my brother.

"The Three Musketeers are bad news. I heard a lot of things about them. Apparently they sell drugs, get into a lot of fights, and they are in a really dangerous gang." He stated. "Alec and Ryder are eighteen and Jace is nineteen because he got held back. That is how they can all live together." He added dramatically. I opened my mouth to speak but accidentally laughed.

"You. Actually. Believe. That. Crap?!" I said in between laughs.

"This isn't a joke Ali! You need to understand how serious this is. You're acting like a child!" Danny crossed his arms. Excuse me?

"Listen here Dano, you don't tell me what to do and it's pathetic to see a big guy like you afraid of three punks. If you choose to believe bullshit that other people say, then so be it but don't you dare try and tell me what to do ever again." I growled at him.

"I just don't want to find you dead on the highway!" Danny yelled.

"Whatever, I'm done here." I muttered and walked away to my room. Wherever I go drama fucking finds me! We got a house next to the bad boys, I go to a school with them, they have me on their radar, and I just want to have a normal year. I sat on my bed and sighed. Why couldn't I be homeschooled again?

"Alice Avery! Get your school-skipping ass out here now!" My mother screamed. Great. I got off of my bed and walked to the kitchen where she was.

"It's not a big deal mum, I just needed to get out of there." I stated and opened the fridge. I grabbed an apple and took a bite out of it.

"It's a big deal to me young lady! I am your parent so I say when you leave school. You are a minor! You need to learn your place." She yelled and crossed her arms. I took another big bite out of my apple and my mum stole it from me. She threw it into the trash can!

"What the fuck?! My apple! What did that poor helpless apple do to you huh?!" I screamed. Now I was pissed.

"Alice, you need to listen to me." Her voice was softer. "This is serious. I need you to understand that. I get you're new to the public school system but you can't just walk out."

"Look, you don't understand! I could end up dead on the highway!" I repeated Danny's words from before. My mother rolled her eyes.

"See? That's our problem. You don't take this seriously. That's it, no skateboarding for a week." She demanded.

"I am being serious-" she cut me off.

"No you are not! Now I have to take away your skateboard. You think I want to do that?!" She cried out.

"Well you would never do something you didn't want to so yes, I do think you want to do that. Why don't you take it for the rest of the day and we are even?" I asked her. Reasoning with her is hard work.

"Four days." She attempted to persuade me.

"Two days." What can I say? I love my skateboard.

"Two days and you have to walk to and back from school." She sighed in defeat.

"Deal." I replied. I don't have a problem with walking and what friends?

"Now go to your room." My mother rubbed her head. Must hurt from all the yelling eh? I walked up to my room and had to find something to do. I heard the door next door open and close. I quickly shut my curtains knowing that Jace would look in like a pervert.

After contemplating for about an hour I decided to go swimming. I looked through my clothes and found my bikini. It's not much, it's all black and average. I grabbed my flip flops and walked outside with a towel.

We had a fence because it was an in-ground pool. It was quite nice. There was a small waterfall on the deeper end and the whole back yard looked like a garden. I sat down on the chair near the pool and took off my flip flops. I took out my sunscreen and sprayed it all over myself. I got into the pool and started swimming.

This was the first time I've ever been swimming in this pool and it felt great. The pool had a heater but I decided not to turn it on. It was a hot day anyway. I went on the deeper end and did laps because I was bored. I can handle doing this for two days but I don't think I can handle school for two days.

I felt someone's eyes on me and I looked around. That's odd. I got out and looked over the fence. I saw none other than Ryder.

"Ha! I thought you were the only respectable one of the group!" I yelled. He flipped his brown hair.

"Sorry, not my fault you knew you were next door to three boys." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and glared.

"So I can't go in my pool now because I have a pervert next door?" I asked him.

"No, go ahead and swim away. I'm okay with that." He smirked at me. Oh! So he's a flirt.

"So you're a creeper and a flirt?" I asked.

"I wouldn't go that far! I'm dangerous and sexy." He gloated about himself. To think I had a bit of respect for him.

"You're about as dangerous and sexy as a chipmunk." I retorted.

"Look Ali, I don't do bestiality." I ignored his last comment.

"How do you know my name?" I asked him. He wasn't in any of my classes that I went to today or maybe he was creepier than I once thought...

"Jace told me. He also told me you flipped poor innocent Alec! For shame Ali!" He yelled dramatically.

"Don't call me Ali, it's Alice to you." I replied and walked back inside. I could sense his eyes on my butt so I grabbed a towel half way to my house and wrapped it around myself. I heard him chuckle and I walked into my house.

A/N: I posted two chapters in 24 hours! Can I get a 'You're the best I love you?!' No okay then!

What do you think?

What about Ryder?

Which boy do you like the best?

Vomment! ~Katyrules