Chapter Nineteen

Alice's POV:

"What do you mean?"

"I am not done." He used the same line on me that I did on him. "After my boss let me leave with my life, we grabbed Jace's limp body and put him in a car. Eventually we heard him breathe and we rushed him to a hospital. We waited in a hospital waiting room for twelve hours wondering if our best friend had bled out yet. Eventually I got to see him and we left the hospital days earlier than Jace was supposed to just to make sure you were okay. So you really think you have it worse Alice?" I couldn't catch my breath. For the first time since I've met these boys, I just wanted to run up and hug them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Is Jace okay?" I asked them quietly.

"He's alive." Ryder answered me with a cold tone.

"Can I see him?" I wanted to make sure he was okay. He's frustrating but he's still hurt.

"He's downstairs." He sighed. I got up and ran downstairs. "Jace?" I called out.

"Yeah? What's up?" I heard a voice say. So, I walked towards the voice to see Jace on the couch holding his bleeding stomach. My eyes almost popped out of my head. That's a lot of blood.

"Oh my god." I breathed out. He laughed a bit.

"Hey sunshine, how've you been?" He asked me with a smile. I hate that cocky bastard.

"You need to go back to the hospital Jace. You're going to bleed out." I scolded him.

"Sorry, not going to happen. You want a drink?" He asks casually. I rolled my eyes.

"No, Jace. I want you to go to the hospital so you don't die." I glared at him.

"It's no trouble. I'm going to get a drink anyway." He started to sit up and he hissed in pain. "Do you know where Jack keeps his liquor?" Jace asked my brother.

"Jack doesn't drink but is father does. I don't know where he keeps it though." Danny replied without his eyes leaving the television screen. I forgot about Jack. Oh no, I left him there with...

"What the fuck?!" I heard Jack scream and footsteps ran down the stairs. I looked by the staircase and saw Jack running from Alec. Alec had a switchblade in his hand.

"Run little bitch!" Alec yelled at him as Jack ran out of the house. Well, there goes Jack. Alec walked over to us with Ryder a few steps behind.

"Damn it guys. You chased him out before I could ask where the liquor was." Jace groaned.

"He was pissing me off." Alec shrugged it off.

"So you chase him out of the house with a switchblade and call him a 'little bitch'?" I asked sarcastically.

"You don't do that to people who annoy you?" Alec asked me and he looked truly confused. What an idiot.

"Tell Jace to go back to the hospital." I crossed my arms and looked at Alec. Ryder's face looked stone cold and he hasn't said a word to me.

"Damn. Didn't know you cared about Jace's health that much." Alec wiggled his eyebrows. Seriously? He is bleeding out and he's here to crack jokes? "I'm going to light a smoke." He sighed and grabbed a lighter. He pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his left pocket and grabbed one.