Chapter Seventeen

Alice's POV:

Danny swerved the car in front of a big house.

"Okay, we're here." He shut off the engine and I got out of the car.

"You know, if the guys aren't here in a few hours, I am going home. I don't want to play their game right now. I'm already on mom's death list because I left school early." I walked into the front door of the house with Danny by my side.

"I don't think they would go this far Alice. They seem serious. Even if it's a prank, I'm not takin he chance. You're the only sister I have unfortunately and mom would kill me if I let you get hurt." He shrugged.

"That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I doubt this is the real deal and if something was really happening, they would never tell me. All they like to do to me is annoy the shit out of me." A boy walked up to us. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hey Danny boy," the boy fist bumped my brother. "My parents are out of town for the rest of the week. You two can stay as long as you would like." He explained and turned to me. "You must be Alice. I'm Jack Evergreen."

"Hi, nice to meet you. We shouldn't be here long. Just a few hours should do it." I gave him a smile.

"I get bored here alone anyway. I would rather have company. What do you two want to do?" Jack asked us.

"Do you have the new PlayStation?" Danny asked Jack and I immediately perked up.

"Do you have Call of Duty?" I questioned him. He laughed and nodded. "Yay!" I yelled and hugged him. Hugging a stranger isn't weird. Shut up.

"Seriously? You like Call of Duty?" He chuckled. Judgmental fucker. 

"I am not allowed to like video games because I'm a girl?" I asked him and followed him up the stairs with my brother behind me.

"No, you just don't seem like the video game type." He shrugged and he opened the door to a room. Inside were beanbag chairs, a snack table, a big shelf of video games, and a giant flatscreen television.

"Oh? What kind of girl do you think I am?" I questioned him.

"Well, usually girls that look like you, spend all of their time trying to look even better than the day before. Not that I think that's possible for you." He turned around and winked at me but laughed right after. I actually laughed at that. He's so cheesy.

"First of all, she's my sister so stop flirting. Second, you won't be saying that when she beats your ass." Danny laughed and plopped down in the blue beanbag chair.

"I doubt that." Jack chuckled and put Call of Duty into the PlayStation. I grabbed a bag of Doritos from the table and sat in the black beanbag chair.

"I'm serious, Jack. Alice is a badass when it comes to this game." Danny stole a Dorito from me.

"Next time you do that, I'm going to make sure that you can never have biological children." I laughed as Jack handed me a controller.

"Okay, so you're saying I don't have to go easy on her?" Jack questioned Danny.

"I don't care. You will lose either way." I replied before Danny could.

"Big talk for a small girl." Jack retorted.

"At least my height is the only small thing about me." I retorted. Danny bursted out laughing and Jack smacked him in the back of the head.

"Let's just start." Jack pouted and we started the round. Prepare to die Jack.

~*~

Two hours later and I beat both boys ten times. Jack threw the remote at the wall twice and Danny cursed me out a few times.

"So, should we call it quits?" I asked them both. They were too easy which made it no fun. It was ten at night and Danny was about to pass out.

"Yeah." Danny said and right after he said that his eyes closed.

"I know I said we would only be here for a few hours but Danny isn't in any shape to drive me home and-" Jack cut me off.

"Don't even worry about it. You two can spend the night if you'd like." Jack responded.

"Thanks, I think Danny texted the boys your address. I hope you don't mind, I mean, it's obvious they aren't coming." I shrugged. We told Jack why we were here and he was pretty chill about it. Alec didn't ask for the address but Danny thought it was obviously needed if they wanted to meet up with us.

"No problem. I hope I'm not being too blunt, but if they think you're in danger, why didn't they get their asses here? It doesn't make sense. The boys act like they're warning you because they care about you and then they don't rush here or even call." Jack gave me a sad smile. He's seriously mistaken.

"I think you have one thing wrong, Jack. They don't care about me. I know I'm going to sound stupid but they called to warn me about something that probably isn't even there. I don't know what is going on but I know that they are getting something out of this. It's probably to get a laugh to be honest. From the minute I got into this stupid town, they've been giving me nothing but shit. Why would they change all of a sudden?" I grabbed my Coke and took a sip. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but if I said that to any other girl, they would most likely be upset. You don't even seem to even care." He chuckled at the end of his statement.

"Jack, how could I ever care about someone who doesn't care about me?"

A/N: I know many of you most likely hate Percy but he is just speaking his mind.

I wanted to bring something up that pisses me off. If you think that I am copying someone else because the boys are called the Three Musketeers you're wrong. Frankly, the Three Musketeers is a popular tale and making comments about how I copied another book just makes you sound immature. If you don't like my book or have negative things to say about it, don't read it. No need to be rude about it. I can except criticism on spelling, grammar, and mistakes if I made them but this book is how I want it. This is only directed to a few readers and people who are thinking about commenting something nasty.

Thanks for reading my rant but I don't blame you if you didn't. Please vote and comment if you like this book! :) ~Katyrules