Chapter Thirteen

Alice's POV:

I walked into my first period class which was with Alec and Cleo. I walked to my seat and saw that Cleo was already in the chair next to me. Class would be starting soon. Alec still wasn't here.

"Hello class. We will be continuing yesterday's project. Get to it." He stated and went to grade some papers.

"Where is Alec?" Cleo asked me. I shrugged. Him being here makes no difference. We aren't asking him questions in class so whatever.

"Let's start." I stated and Cleo nodded in agreement. "What is your situation regarding money? Poor, low middle class, middle class, high middle class, or rich?" I asked her.

"Low middle class." She simply replied.

"Who is in your family?" I questioned Cleo.

"My dad and mom." She stated. Lucky to be an only child.

"Okay, what's your favorite food?" I asked Cleo. I felt like I was interrogating her at a police station. It made me feel in charge. I like it.

"Steak and mashed potatoes." She answered with a smile. Right after that her stomach growled which caused us both to burst out laughing.

"That was too funny! Perfect timing there, Tummy!" I said in between laughs.

"Let's continue before I faint from lack of air." Cleo hurried me up. That or she was embarrassed.

"If you had to choose between the hot guy with a bad personality or the ugly guy with a good personality, which would you choose?" I don't know why that question was relevant but I was curious to what kind of person Cleo was.

"Um, the guy with a good personality. You can change your face, you cant change your true personality." She explained her answer. Not bad.

"Okay class. That's all for today. I expect you all to present your projects tomorrow in front of the class. I am not afraid to fail you so do well." The teacher announced. What crawled up his ass?

I walked out of class and went to my locker. I grabbed my biology books and turned around to be face to face with Danny.

"We have a problem." He stated.

"What?" I questioned him. He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the school. "Unhand me Danny!" I screeched at him. He kept walking deep into a forest. I got annoyed so I took his arm and twisted it back behind him.

"Ali!" I am trying to save your damn life!" He yelled at me. What? My life isn't in danger.

"Spill Danny. Now." I remarked and let go of his arm. I crossed my arms to look more intimidating.

Three Hours Earlier

Ryder's POV:

"Ry, get Alec. We have a serious issue." Jace walked into the home office. I called Alec's phone.

"Dude, I am in the same house as you. Are you that lazy?" Alec answered the phone.

"Get into the home office now." I commanded and hung up. I heard footsteps and Alec was in the room. He was only in a pair of boxers.

"You were allowed to throw on pants you know." I stated in a bored tone.

"I didn't have time for that! This was urgent." He stated mysteriously but I couldn't take him seriously in only boxers.

"Okay then. Guys I talked to Frank." Jace announced. Frank is our boss. We are a part of a gang that distributes drugs and we fight people in other gangs. We wanted to get out of it but we didn't know how to say it to our boss. We have seen him kill with the snap of his fingers.

"He won't let us leave. We know too much." Jace finished. I growled in annoyance.

"You killed someone for that douche. The least he could do is let us out." Alec grumbled. Should I explain that? Nah.

"He's not going to. We can't stop him." Jace sighed.

"Yes we can and we will." I stared confidently. "We have to chop off the head of the snake." I shrugged.

"We aren't killing anyone. That's insane." Alec argued.

"But it was okay when he killed hundreds of people?" I fought back.

"Maybe Ryder is right Alec. I talked to Frank and he is only going to get worse. He might already be planning our deaths because we want to be out of the gang." Jace sided with me. Alec seemed to be contemplating with what Jace just said.

"Okay." He stated calmly and defeated. Just yesterday we thought our biggest problem was Alice and now we are killing our boss.

"Let's do this fast though. I want to get this over with." I sighed.

We went to our basement which is where we keep the drugs. We also have a few weapons and knives for fights.

"Catch." Jace threw a handgun at me. I caught in one swift movement. I put the gun on the side of my pants for quick reach. Alec, Jace, sand I all had our own handguns in case someone wanted to steal from us but I would never use my gun in a fight. I don't take the easy way out.

"What car are we taking?" Alec asked. Alec only has a motorcycle and it would look weird with three guys on a motorcycle.

"Not mine!" Jace quickly said to save his precious car.

"Fine! But only if Alec sits in the back." I growled. Every time I drive Alec plays with the radio and pokes my cheek. It's frustrating.

"Whatever." Alec pouted. "You're missing out on a fun car ride." Alec ran upstairs to throw on pants because it's fucking cold outside. I grabbed my keys and we all made it out to my car. I got into the drivers seat, Alec got in the back, and Jace sat next to me.

I started driving to the hideout where he was always at. Let's try not to die.

A/N: sorry for the late update. I'm really happy with the amount of reads on this book! It's really appreciated so please comment and vote!