Chapter Twenty

Alice's POV:

I stitched Jace's wound again and wrapped it up with gauze. He was complaining the whole time so Alec got him more liquor because he thought it would help. I decided not to fight him on it because Jace was annoying me with all of his yelling. I couldn't blame him though because I was pouring alcohol in his open wound every few minutes. I'm not a doctor! I don't know how much you're supposed to put on to clean the wound!

"I got more." Alec stated and came into the room with another bottle of liquor. I have to be honest, Jace can hold down his alcohol really well.

"Alice, I have to tell you a secret." Jace whispered loudly to me. His breath smelled horrible from all of the drinking.

"Maybe another time. We have to get you to the van." I gave him a small smile. He acted like a child when he was drunk. He acted like a child most of the time but this was quite adorable.

"I'm not leaving until I get to tell you." He giggled. Why was everyone afraid of him? Just get him drunk and he's ten years younger.

"Fine." I sighed in annoyance. Alec stepped in between us though.

"Maybe Alice is right, Jace. We should get going." Alec glared at his friend. Wait, what are they keeping from me?

"No, it's okay. I was wrong. You can tell me the secret Jace." I gave him an innocent smile.

"I really don't think that is a good idea." Alec said through his clenched jaw.

"Alec, if he wants to tell me, he can." I glared at Alec. He rolled his eyes and took out his phone. He called a number and held his phone up to his ear.

"Hey Ryder, mind coming back inside? I have something I need you to do." Alec hung up the phone.

"What's up?" Ryder walked through the door. He looked at all of us with confusion.

"Jace has a secret to tell Alice. Since we are good friends, we can't let him say something he normally wouldn't say sober. Right?" Alec asked Ryder.

"Fuck. What do you want me to do about it?" Ryder walked over to us.

"I want you to mind your own business. Jace really wants to tell me his secret. I don't know why you two must get involved." I rolled my eyes.

"Well it's not only my secret," Alec covered Jace's mouth with his hand.

"It doesn't matter. Can you just take Jace to the car and watch him?" Alexa sled Ryder.

"Yeah, no problem." Ryder nodded. "Jace, can you even walk?" Ryder chuckled and watched as Jace stood up and fell over. "I didn't think so." Ryder picked Jace up and threw him over his shoulder. Jace is huge! How is that possible! No, I'm not say thing that he is fat, he has a lot of muscle.

"Whatever. We should get going." I stated and looked over to Alec. He started walking upstairs. "Wait! Where do you think you're going?" I yelled at him and followed him upstairs.

"I thought we would need a few things. This is going to be a long trip." He replied. I don't want to steal from Jack. He doesn't deserve it but Alec was right.

We walked into the room I was in before. He grabbed food off of the table and a few bottles of water. I grabbed some light blankets and two pillows. Alec and I were walking out of the room when Alec stopped. He spotted a big roll of duct tape. Why is duct tape in here?

"Why would we need that?" I asked him with a bored tone.

"I don't trust Jace." Alec growled and we walked out of the room. I didn't fight him because it was useless. What could be so important for them to go through all of this trouble so I wouldn't find out? Obviously I must find out now.