Chapter Eleven

Alice's POV:

It was five forty and that is when I decided to get ready. I got dressed in a blue tank top and a pair of ripped short shorts. It was too hot for basketball shorts. I put a thin black jacket over my tank and looked in the mirror. My hair bun looks like a rat's nest.

I took out the hair tie and brushed my hair. My long brown hair is naturally straight which I loved. After practically ripping out chunks of my hair, it was silky smooth. I grabbed the hair tie and attempted to put my bun back in but the hair tie snapped. Crap. I walked to my bathroom and looked for a hair tie but couldn't find anything. Not even a fucking rubber band! I sighed and looked at my outfit.

I grabbed the necklace my father gave me. I heard the doorbell sound throughout the house.

"Alice!" My mother shouted. I sighed and put on my sunglasses. I walked out of my room and to the front door. My mother stood there as she looked over Ryder. Her eyes filled with joy. Oh no.

"Who might this be Ali?" She smiled at me.

"A f-friend." I stated. I shouldn't have said that in front of Ryder but I don't know how else to describe our situation.

"Just a friend?" My mother sighed in disappointment.

"Yes mother, may I go?" I asked rather annoyed with her. She's like a teenage gossip girl.

"I guess." She sighed and walked away sadly. My mother wants me to have a boyfriend. She once asked me if I was lesbian. That was awkward.

"Hey sweet cakes." Ryder smirked at me. For the first time, I had a look at his appearance. He had on grey jeans and a leather jacket. His hair was styled messily with gel and he had on black sunglasses. I hate to say this but he looked sexy.

"Done checking me out?" Ryder tipped his sunglasses down his nose and chuckled when he saw me blush. I quickly sobered up.

"Call me sweet cakes again and I'll cut off your penis." I stated and walked to his car. I was surprised he didn't have a beaten up crap car. He had a black sports car.

"Holy shit man! Nice ride. How did you get the money for it?" I had a mini fangirl moment. Ryder looked at me like I had two heads but kicked himself out of it. He got into the drivers seat and I sat on the passengers side.

"Didn't know you were into cars." He chuckled in amusement as he turned on the engine.

"Yep, cars, bikes, and boats are my thing." I smirked to myself but realized that he dodged the question. "How did you get the money for this car. It looks like it could be a million dollars, a bit exaggerated though.

"Wow, you're a real guy." Ryder laughed. He started driving and I was annoyed.

"What's your secret?" I questioned like a cop would in an over dramatic soap opera.

"Are you high? Chill out." Ryder kept his eyes on the road. If anyone here is high, it's bad boy over here. To save myself the useless time, I gave up, for now.

"So where are we going?" I asked him. He seemed relieved that I had given up.

"It'll ruin the surprise if I tell you!" Ryder whined. It was cute when he whined. What am I thinking? Knock yourself out of it Alice!

"Please Ry?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. He looked at me from the corner of his eye and sighed in defeat.

"We're going for a hike and then for a meal at a family diner." Ryder stated in a deflated voice. I smiled. That didn't sound bad. I thought we would have to go to a club or somewhere annoyingly loud with alcohol.

"Wow." I smiled. "That sounds pretty fun." I saw Ryder smirk as he looked at the road. Whatever.

We drove in silence while I couldn't wait to get hiking. We got to the mountains and I saw a huge waterfall. We got out of the car and I looked at Ryder. Wait a minute...

"How will you hike in jeans?" I asked him. He shrugged and took off his leather jacket. He had on a grey tight fitting shirt which showed his bulging muscles. Wow.

"So, let's get started." I tried to knock myself out of my daze. He nodded and we walked to the starting point. We walked up to a woman who had on an annoyed look on her face. She was wearing a name tag that read 'Bianca' and short shorts. Her blond hair flowed down her back and her red lipstick was slapped on her face. What a Barbie.

"Oh hello!" She smiled widely at Ryder. "I'm Bianca but you can call me Bee." She giggled.

"Two people." He stated and her smile faltered for a minute. He acted like she wasn't just flirting with him!

"Ah, yes, that will be twenty dollars." She stated. You have to pay to hike these days? Bullshit. Ryder handed her a twenty dollar bill and she waved us off. I rolled my eyes and we started walking up.

It was about ten minutes and it was silent the whole time. I needed something else to do so my interest was still there.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked Ryder. He shrugged and I was about to beat him but then he talked,

"Why did you move here?" He asked me. That was unexpected.

"Um, my mom got a job that pays well here so I had to come with her." I replied simply. "Why do your friends have an interest in me?" I asked him. We could play twenty questions.

"I don't know, you are different. The girls in our school are prissy, nerdy, or fake. They all have one thing in common though, they fear us. You don't and never have. I find that quite fascinating." He replied. I looked at his amazing eyes and they seemed deep in thought. What's this tingling in my stomach? Not the barf kind, kind of nervousness. Am I sick? Do I have Ebola?! What if it's worse? What if I like Ryder?

No! Stop that thinking right now Alice Avery! I can't like him. I'm...me. I don't like boys. I'm not lesbian but it's not often that I like people. Boys are just friends. I don't want to like him. Can I help it though?

A/N: sorry for people who don't like Ryder.

The next chapter will be posted September 19th, 2015, no matter how many people ask me to update. Sorry!

I worked really hard and if you like this chapter please vote and comment as much as possible. I do appreciate it.

~Katyrules