Chapter One

"If I could just come in I swear I'll leave. Won't take nothing but a memory. From the house that built me."

The melody made my eyes shoot open. Why the hell would I set an alarm? Wait, I didn't. Did I? It's too early to think about this!

"Mom! Did you set an alarm?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My door opened and my mother walked in. Her brown hair was in a pony tail and her favorite pair of jeans hugged her waist. Where's she going?

"Yeah, we have somewhere to be and I didn't know how long it would take you to get ready so I gave you a few minutes as usual." She leaned on my door frame with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Where are we going? I can't be up this early! It should be a crime!" I stuffed my head into my pillow dramatically.

"It's one thirty in the afternoon." My mother reminded me in a bored tone.

"That's early to wake up for me! Where am I going anyway?" I asked her and took my face out of the pillow. One thirty in the afternoon is early when I went to bed at nine in the morning. Does my mother not understand I need my sleep?

"It's a surprise." She smirked and at that point I was officially afraid. She had something devious up her sleeve. Sometimes my mother reminds me of Gru from 'Despicable Me' because she is evil inside and out but deep, deep, deep, deep down, she's a sweet person.

"Just go get ready, meet me downstairs in ten and we can head out. It's a long drive so let's get going." She clapped her hands and waved me off before leaving my room. Ten seconds? Ten minutes? Ten hours? Ten days? She needs to be more specific when it comes to time.

I walked to my drawers and grabbed a pair of black basketball shorts with a red stripe by the hem, an old oversized white and black t-shirt with the words "Skateboard. Shooting Range. Video Games. I'm a Tomboy and if that bothers you, I know how to Shoot." And I threw on my running shoes. I put my brown hair into a messy bun and grabbed my phone. I stumbled out of my room and down the stairs to see my mom.

She was standing there with her arms crossed. She didn't seem pissed or anything, just bored.

"Okay, finally! Let's get going!" My mother complained and I chuckled. Where the hell is she taking me and why is she in such a rush?

"Is Danny going?" I asked my mom. Danny is my twin brother. Yeah, he's a senior too. He's really athletic like me and kicks ass on our school football team. He was always social and that's the difference between us. I'll always be an outcast who enjoys living for myself while he'll fit in but have to live to please other people. We are still close but ever since he became really popular, he's been more distant.

We are twins but we don't look anything alike. I have dark brown hair and he has blonde. I have brown eyes and he has bright blue eyes. So obviously he's a playboy while I'm just invisible to everyone. I am not complaining though, I don't like people anyway.

One time he brought friends home and one accidentally walked into my room. I was just playing video games but he thought I was a cousin. No one knows my brother has a sister which would hurt if I had feelings. But yeah, my bother is a douche around his friends but when the rare occasion comes along when he is alone, we wrestle and play football. I can beat him at football but I'll still have to work on my wrestling technique.

"Yeah, this surprise is for both of you. He's waiting in the car already." She remarked and I walked out to see my brother sitting in the front seat. Oh fuck no.

"Get your ass in the back Danny boy." I glared at him and he smirked.

"Make me pint size." He crossed his arms in a mocking way. I walked over to the passengers side and yanked the door open.

"I'm warning you. I will drag you out of this car by your hair if I must." I demanded. He chuckled which annoyed me even more. "Or I could just do this." I grabbed his Steeler hat which was signed by Big Ben and threw it towards the house. He flipped out and unbuckled his belt, ran to grab it while I took my rightful seat on my throne. I locked the door and saw him shoot daggers at me when he saw where I was sitting.

"Back seat baby boy." I gave myself a mental high five. While all of this was happening my mother just started the car and waited for us to finish our little spat like usual. Danny got into the back and my mother raced out of the driveway.

~*~

Three hours of Danny's pointless jokes and I wanted to bang my head against the window.

"I got another one!" Danny announced and my mother and I groaned in sync.

"How much longer? I'm going to kill Danny if it's another hour." I sighed and looked at my mother.

"Why can't you have a twelve inch nose?" Danny was laughing at his own joke in the back before he even said it. "Because then it would be a foot!" Danny bursted out laughing hysterically as my mother and I shook our heads. I had to suppress a chuckle just because Danny thought it was so funny.

"We're here." She smiled and parked the car in front of a school? Three hours to go to a school?

"What are we doing here mom?" Danny asked.

"You'll see. Come on kids, we have an appointment." I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, it's weeks before September. School isn't even started. Why is anyone here?

"Ah, you must be Ms. Avery. I'm Principal Sneed and this is Pleasant Ridge High." The principal smiled proudly as he talked about his school. It was a big school, I'll give it that.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Sneed. These are my two children, Alice and Danny." I looked at my mom questioningly. Why is she giving out all of our information to this bald stranger? He could be a pedophile for all we know.

"Hello, I'll be your new principal. This is a fine school with over one thousand students. I was told you would be starting senior year which is always the best. I look forward to seeing you in classes. You're only here so you and your mother can sign some papers." The bald pedophile announced. My eyes widened. No! No way! I am not going here. That is not an option!

"What? I already go to a great school. I'm the star football player." Danny stated which made me roll my eyes. Nobody cares how far your head is up your ass Danny!

"Mom, I'm homeschooled. I have been my whole life. There's no need for me to change." I reminded my mother.

"Danny, you can play football here. We're moving here because I got an amazing job offer so you'll make it work. Alice, I'm sorry but I want you to spend senior year around people. It's not healthy to be anti-social. You're a minor so it's my choice. I just hope you'll understand." She said with a motherly voice.

Understanding will be the last thing I'm doing.

A/N: so I hope I didn't disappoint. I know you haven't seen much but this chapter was necessary. Next chapter you will meet the Three Musketeers. It will be interesting, trust me.

How will the rest of the school treat a tomboy?

Will the bad boys be nice to her?

Will Danny leave her the second she gets into the school?

Will Alice fit in anywhere? Or is she destined to be alone?

Read the next chapter and find out. <3