Chapter Twenty Seven

Jace's POV:

"You okay?" I asked Ryder.

"Fucking Peachy!" He winced and I rolled my eyes. He is such a drama queen. I turned to Frank and glared at him.

"You lied to us. You've been working with him for all of this time. Even after you knew what he did to us." I growled and Frank started to chuckle. The smirk on his face fueled my anger.

"Poor Jace, you really haven't put it together, have you?" I looked at him with confusion. "I hired Leo to kill your parents! You all had such potential, I knew that the only way I could get you boys to trust me was to take away your trust in anyone else. Then, I 'killed' the man who murdered your families which made you trust me. You boys did everything you could to repay me which included helping me with my business." Frank continued. Is this really how he saw all of this? Was I being played from the beginning? We were all pawns in his twisted plan. He put the gun in Leo's hand. Frank is just as bad as Leo if not worse.

"You boys softened up after I gave you a more difficult task. You became useless. You wouldn't even take a pathetic man's life for me. When Jace came to me to explain how you boys wanted out, I knew I had to do something fast. So, I found your weakness. I find it so strange that you all fell for the same girl. I guess it made my job easier though." He looked at Alice's body. I couldn't look at her though, I knew that if I did, in about 0.7 seconds, I would attack Frank and one of us would die.

"You killed one of my men and Jace almost died. I knew by then that you boys were too far gone to save. I had such hope for you too. I contacted Leo at that point. He's been busy but I offered him a good amount of money to become my partner. I needed his expertise with killing. I heard that there was going to be a fight led by Percy. He always was a traitor. Leo reminded me that you boys were against me and we all knew that Percy was desperate for recruits, so I did what I had to. I was informed when you arrived at Percy's home and I grabbed Alice. We've had a lot of fun since then. Leo could probably tell you since he caused most of it." Frank laughed and that's when I lost it. I couldn't listen to him anymore. I didn't care if I was going to be the one  to die, I couldn't let him speak like that.

I grabbed a knife and tried to stab Frank but Leo pushed me back. Frank put his hand up to stop Leo.

"No, I can fight Jace. After all, I taught him all that he knows." He smirked and Leo handed him a knife. We both knew that a gun was too fast and easy. I needed Frank to hurt. He had to feel pain for once.

Leo attacked Alec and Ryder stood up. I could tell he was still in pain but I couldn't help either of them. I had to kill Frank. Harley was still putting flame to the bars of the cell and the three other people on our side, were fighting Frank's men. I stood about three feet away from Frank.

"Leo described how that night happened with your parents. What was your little sisters name again? Oh yeah, Mia." He was trying to instigate me. I had to try and remain cam but it angered me that Frank would even mention her name.

"All the people that you've hurt, I can't even imagine how you can remember my sister." I growled angrily.

"Oh she was a special one. It was funny how your dad thought that he could protect her when he couldn't even protect himself. It was utterly pathetic." Frank retorted. I had to change the subject or I would charge at him and he would have to upper hand. It was hard to think of something that Frank actually cared about though. Does he care about anything other than himself? Frank waited a second before continuing. "You know Jace, you were like a son to me. Before I kill you, I have to ask, why did you want to leave the business?" He asked me.

"Lately, I've been asking myself why I hadn't left earlier. I was blinded with revenge and a need to repay you for killing Leo. I know now that you lied but back then, it was real to me. I couldn't see that I was doing what Leo did to me. I killed people who didn't deserve to die. I even killed someone who tried to help me." I explained to Frank.

"You cannot blame your choices on me, Jace." Frank retorted and I knew that I had to correct myself.

"I don't blame you for many things. I killed those people, I can take blame for that. I can blame you for what you turned me into. I was just a boy when all of this started. People my age were playing video games, learning how to ride bikes, and doing things that I would have done anything to do at that age. I was selling your drugs to your clients, learning how to win in a knife fight, and trying to get over the death of almost everyone I loved. To answer your earlier question, I chose to leave because I didn't want to loose the few things I had left, my two best friends and my humanity." I finished and his face showed that Frank was really thinking about what I said.

"You could've gotten away if you didn't come back. That was quite the mistake in your plan. You'd finally gotten out of the business, yet you came back. It was foolish. I did not think a girl whom you just met would have that kid of effect on you. I always thought of you as the strong-willed one." He replied and stepped forward. I knew that my next words could have been my last so I had to choose wisely.

"I had a choice to stay with you when I was a child. I had no chance at being normal after my family died. Alice has a chance to be normal. I can't let you do this to another person I love." I stated. He smirked as if my answer was acceptable. Frank lunged at me and attempted to punch me in the face. I dodged Frank and kneed him in the stomach. Frank grabbed a knife and tried to stab me but I caught his arm which made him drop the knife.

Frank got out of my grip and firmly punched me in the face. I knew that blood was dripping down my cheek but I couldn't let him see me as weak. I grabbed my knife and maneuvered around him. I tried to stab him in the chest but missed and got his arm. He yelped in pain. I pulled my knife out of his arm and he tackled me. Frank doesn't look like he weighs much but at that point, it felt like an elephant was sitting on me. He began to punch me repeatedly. I tried to push him off but his knee was jabbing into my stomach.

He finally stopped and laughed at me. Apparently I'm a fucking clown in his opinion. I still couldn't get up so I turned my head to see Alec punching Leo. Leo pushed him to the ground and Harley flipped out. The bars were melted so I guess her job was done.

"Get the hell away from him!" She yelled at Leo. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow as if questioning her ability to intimidate him. Harley glared at him and turned the flame thrower towards him. Oh no, this girl is going to burn the house down over someone pushing Alec? She's already a part of this family. I'm so proud.

"Don't do something you'll regret." Leo tried to stop Harley from burning him alive. Alec tackled Leo while he was distracted by Harley. I looked around for Ryder when I realized that he wasn't fighting Leo. Out of nowhere, Ryder tackled Frank off of me. Ryder started hitting Frank.

"No matter what you do, you can not bring back your family, Ryder. I'm all the family you have left. I took you in after your family died." Frank tried to remind Ryder. I sat up and got ready just in case Ryder needed my help. I knew this was something he had to do alone if he could though. We all needed a sense of closure after all of these years.

"Frank, burn in hell." Ryder spat and slammed Frank's head into the cement ground as hard as he could. Frank stopped struggling and I knew by then it was over. I looked over to Alec to see that Leo was stabbed in the stomach. One of the men who fought one of Frank's guards was on the floor holding his arm. Everyone looked around clueless as to what to do next.

It's over.

A/N: AHHHHHHHGGGGG! It's almost over!!!!

I just want to thank you guys so much for being so supportive. It took me over a year to finish this book. I don't know what I'll do without it. Stay tuned for the next chapter to get a conclusive ending.

Please Vote and Comment if you liked this chapter.~ Katyrules <3