Twenty-eight - Dinner time

- Sorry for any grammar errors -

Madison’s POV

We looked at each other for what it felt like an eternity. I didn’t say anything, I just stared at him. Why was he at my door when Drew was supposed to pick me up to dinner? His face was still, no smile showed up during the time we were looking at each other. I walked past him and now I’m in the car waiting for him to get in and drive us. But…this is so strange. All I know is that seeing him standing there made me want to hug him but I know I couldn’t do that, he has someone now and he has totally forgot about me. I look to my left and see him finally coming over to the car. His face is still looking down while he walks with his hands in his pockets. As he approaches the car, I return the gaze to the other side, avoiding looking at him. I feel his presence next to me and I continue looking out the window. I hear his movements and I think he’s staring at me now. I don’t wanna look because I know I couldn’t fight the urge to kiss him.

“Madison?” he speaks. His voice is soft and I can feel the sadness. My heart is thumping, I can almost hear it in my ears. I slowly move my face to where he is and I find his beautiful eyes looking straight at me. How did I ever kiss this guy? He’s perfect, how did he ever say he loved me? Of course he was lying, he would never look at a girl like me. And we can see that now.

I don’t reply to him, I just nod and look away again. He places his hand on my shoulder and right here I feel like I’m about to lose it all and kiss him. I shrug making him remove his hand from where he had it.

“Can we go now?” I ask looking down to my lap. I hear him sigh in frustration as he turns on the engine. This is going to be fun.

After two minutes or so, I see he’s taking a different way. We’re not going to his house, we’re going towards the beach.

“Wes I’m completely sure your house is that way” I say pointing to the street we see at our left. He doesn’t say anything, he continues driving as if he didn’t hear me talking. What the fuck? Why is he taking me to the beach? We should be at the dinner already! Does Drew know about this? Was it him who told Wes to do this, to take me to somewhere other than his house? I don’t know what’s happening so I just lean back again on the seat, cross my arms over my ribcage and wait. Then he stops the car at the very same spot he took me one time after making a visit to Carol at the hospital. I’m starting to feel a lump on my throat and my palms are sweating. Why is he doing this? This is painful, being in a place where Wes and I shared good moments.

“Can we talk?” his voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I look at him and his eyes are shining. Even though it’s dark here I can see all his features just with the moon light hitting on his face. He’s flawless; he’s the most perfect guy I’ve ever met. But he’s not mine. Not anymore.

“Madison, please” he now places his hand on mine. I look at our hands for a second and then back at him. I don’t know why he’s doing this. The thought of him saying in that interview that we’re done and the images of him with Carly make me quickly shove him off and hop out of the car. It doesn’t take long until he’s right in front of me again stopping me from taking one more step.

“Listen, I don’t fucking care if you don’t wanna talk to me but you gotta listen to what I have to say” now his voice is louder and I feel some anger there. I stare at him and wait for him to continue.

“I hate that you seem perfectly fine without me. It burns my heart just thinking about you loving someone else, someone who isn't me” he pauses and I’m left with his words. He thinks I’m fine without him? That’s funny. I’m anything but fine. And he thinks I love someone else? He thinks I love Drew? I will never, I repeat never, look at Drew the same way I look at him. But the same doesn’t happen with him. He leans down his head and proceeds “I wake up every morning hoping to see a text message from you. I don't want us to be strangers again Madison, I need you. I can’t stop thinking about you and I hate that you turned me into this soft dude, I’m not like that but you changed me, you freaking changed me and I just want you to understand how important you are to me” right now he’s inches away from me and I’m about to cry. Is it true? Am I important to him? Does he really think of me? I have so many thoughts running through my head that I didn’t even notice him getting closer and closer to me. I can feel his breathe on my face and his thumb rubbing my skin. (Picture on the side--->)